General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

• Moderators

Eastbound and Down is absolutely amazing. Danny McBride namechecks Alan Partridge a lot in interviews, and you can tell it's been a big influence, as Eastbound is the closest thing there's ever been to an American Partridge. Even the six episode structure is down to his admiration for British shows, and when S3 wraps the whole thing up in 18, super tight episodes, I think it'll be remembered as one of the classics. Foot Fist Way is probably closer to Eastbound than it is his other, wackier roles. While it is quotable and funny, it's also pretty dark, and the lead character does as much brooding as throwing out funny lines. It's still tremendous though. He did an in-character interview on Conan back when nobody knew who he was, which confused a lot of people: Fred Simmons on Conan

There's been a fair bit of Ghostbusters 3 speculation in this thread, but this might be the last for a little while. It looks like it's completely dead now.

From Slashfilm, quoting Dan Aykroyd in an interview with the Telegraph:

Speaking to the Telegraph, Aykroyd was asked if Ghostbusters 3 will ever happen, and he said,

I honestly don

• Paid Members

The new episode of East Bound and Down is tremendous. Just the right side of 'fucked up'.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

I've never been a huge Will Ferrell fan, but his Shaffer/Flair character is incredible. Totally hamming it up, with a slight sinister tone.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();
Edited by Blackson Jackson

• Paid Members
Whoever decided to change Avengers to Avengers Assemble for the UK to avoid confusion with the donkeys old TV series is a patronising piece of monkey shit who should be fired and repeatedly punched in the face while their loved ones watch from a burning building.

Seems kind of an over-the-top response - there was also the shite movie of about 15 years ago.

Whoever decided to change Avengers to Avengers Assemble for the UK to avoid confusion with the donkeys old TV series is a patronising piece of monkey shit who should be fired and repeatedly punched in the face while their loved ones watch from a burning building.

Not like there was a god-awful film based on the TV Series or anything...oh look at that.

ralph_fiennes_uma_thurman_the_avengers_002.jpg

• Awards Moderator

Just been looking at Oscar stuff again; am I right in thinking you have to go back to 1997 to find a year when all the acting awards were won by Americans? And 1994 if you include directors as well? I don't know why it's interesting, but ... well, it's not interesting. But I thought it was a neat bit of useless trivia, if it's correct that is.