Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Seven

The Song Of The Day Thread

50 minutes ago, Ralphy said:

Your link shows up like they used to, how did you do it? 

Depends on the channel you link the video from, I think. 

Just now, Ralphy said:

Your link shows up like they used to, how did you do it? 

No idea, I did use a different computer when posting that Sunday's song, however even on my own it now automatically embeds them like it used to.

Kenickie - Acetone (1997)

I don't know if anyone else has been glued to the TOTP repeats on BBC4 for the best part of the past seven years, but they're now up to 1989 and was reminded of this pop gem from one of this week's shows.

Holly Johnson - Love Train (1989)

On 1/17/2020 at 10:36 AM, Carbomb said:

On Raglan Road - Luke Kelly

That's The Dubliners, not Luke Kelly solo. He's the lead singer. 

This was something I remember from growing up and was the first time I saw footage of Luke Kelly. We taped it off the telly and my dad made me put it on whenever anyone came round. @Carbomb if you can get a hold of it there are brilliant performances, video footage and great anecdotes. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Late_Late_Show_Tribute_to_The_Dubliners

9 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

This was something I remember from growing up and was the first time I saw footage of Luke Kelly. We taped it off the telly and my dad made me put it on whenever anyone came round. @Carbomb if you can get a hold of it there are brilliant performances, video footage and great anecdotes. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Late_Late_Show_Tribute_to_The_Dubliners

Yeah, I love discovering new stuff like that, especially when it comes to Irish music, as it's what I tend to default to for singing (along with folk and Americana). I've been practicing On Raglan Road for the past year for gigs and music clubs, and it's such a lovely and satisfying song to perform. I can't match Kelly, obviously - the man had a voice like a thunderclap - so I tend towards the more traditional style.

I've also been listening to a lot of Stan Rogers recently - another folk great (Canadian this time) with a tremendous voice.

Stan Rogers - Three Fishers

Edited by Carbomb