Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

Quigg is fighting next, the last three fights are Whyte/Chisora, Concepcion/Yafai and Joshua/Molina.

Scrap that, sky sports boxing website had it down as Quigg, sky betting has it down as Callum Smith next and it's Smith, so going by skybet the last three fights are Taylor/Obenauf, Whyte/Chisora and Joshua/Molina.

Edited by Gooner

• Paid Members

Well the main event felt even more anti-climatic than normal, Molina simply didn't want to know.

Besides the card being too long below that there some real highlights.

Whyte/Chisroa was better than anyone anticipated, just a brutal fight, exceeded all expectations i had going in. Buglioni/Burton also had a bit of a classic British title fight.

The Quigg & Smith fights were very one sided but both ended with highlight reel knockouts, the Callum Smith one was especially nasty.

• Paid Members

Yeah the Callum Smith knockout was scary.

Whyte vs Chisora was so much better than anyone expected. You never know which Delboy you're getting from fight to fight but more often than not he stinks the place out. I was expecting him to plod about and Whyte to outpoint him over a dull 12 rounds. But it was such a pleasant surprise. I lost track of the scoring but I kind of felt like Chisora nicked it actually. Could've gone either way and you wouldn't really argue it though.

Joshua smashing Molina was expected but Molina looked so timid out there. For all his talk beforehand of being the one to test AJ and asking the questions of him that need asking, it's like he got in there and just lost all confidence in himself and his chances so tried to just get through it by just covering up and trying to get away from Joshua. That first knockdown was fucking nasty and I'm surprised Molina even managed to get up from that at all. His head almost swivelled off when the punch landed and he looked like he was kipping when he slumped down in the corner.

The Joshua vs Klitschko bit at the end got me all excited. Klitschko is at the end now but he's still Wladimir Klitschko, it's still a huge fight and a step up for Joshua that people have been waiting for. Klitschko was so cheesy when he got on the mic though. Like your dad doing a speech or something.

Good night of boxing. I could not split Whyte and Chisora, what a fight. Two very tough chaps, some of them shots they landed when shown in slo mo were brutal. The Smith fight should have been stopped earlier. AJ as expected. Wlad is no Road Dogg thats for sure. I think AJ will smash Klitchko with relative ease.

• Paid Members

I completely lost track of scoring during Whyte/Chisora too, fuck knows who won? Such a good fight to watch though.

I don't know if Molina's plan was to play safe and see what AJ had for the first couple of rounds? I can't believe it was because he was too easily pushed back onto the ropes, to willingly stay there was suicide. Such a poor display, it did nothing for Joshua which sucks going into the Wlad fight.

• Paid Members

Forgot to mention Kal Yafai's World Title winning performance too, complete dominance. Would have been nice to see him do it in Brum rather that in front a muted o2 crowd but still a hell of a showing.