Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

I would pick Oscar to win if it weren't for what Shane Mosley has already shown us. I see this being an annother annoying night for Oscar who has never shown the ability to deal with anyone quicker than he is - although anyone who saw Mayweathers fight with Zab judah knows all this talk of him being almost unhittable is bollocks so nothing is a foregone conclusion.

Just got back from the States and the hype for the De La Hoya/Mayweather fight is amazing!Anyone been watching De La Hoya/Mayweather 24/7? I saw 3 episodes in the States and honestly cannot wait for the fight now! They're showing it on Sky Sports too.Would love to see De La Hoya win but I'm pretty sure Mayweather will win on points. Lets hope its not a fight where PBF just runs around the ring for 12 rounds and we actually see a classic.I still think Sugar Shane Mosley is the one guy that can actually beat Floyd though...

I'd truly love to see De La Hoya beat Mayweather because I despise the pretty boy, but I'll be massively suprised if it happens. Floyds at his peak, Oscar is past his, and even at his peak I wouldn't favour him against current PBF. The only thing he's got going his way is that it's at his weight.

When is the next Katsidis (sp?) fight?Apologies if this is elsewhere in the thread.

I didn't see a reply to this. He's got Joan Guzman at the end of the month.Oh and Mayweather on points. Edited by mikey

I'm gutted I had a bit of money on a draw and the rest on De La Hoya to win, thought there was a small chance at the end that the judges might go with a draw but I think in the end they got it right. De La Hoya was certainly the more aggressive / desperate of the two but Mayweather didn't seem too bothered with anything and mostly controlled the fight.

• Paid Members

i'm tamping, i set the dvd to record and it cut off at the end of the 5th round, sky sports listed it to finish at 5...bastards!i had to read the result then, i got work soon and theres no way i'll go and not hear the result :(

Guest Dangerous Dave

There is some live Boxing coming up in June, open air from Blackpool- Tha Main draw is Matt Ellis, and its at the Waterloo pub. might be worth checking out fr a good evenings entertainment, the undercard looks like its made up of debut professionals and so up and coming fighters.

For all Oscars efforts he really didn't land a great deal. Maywaether looked good bu was obviously a little wary of mixing it up, but you don't have to mix it if you are good enough to dictate the fight for long periods and he did that (just).It was a split decision but I felt Mayweather won fairly handily. I know there were aspects of the fight that depended on interpretation but I think in his particular case you can use one measurement as a fairly good indicator of who won - Oscar was blown up and the final bell couldn't come soon enough, Mayweather could have gone a another twelve rounds if need be.on a side note - anyone underestimating how great Floyd is should take note of the fact that the guy weighed in at 150 pounds, he was outweighed by more than a weight class and didn't look in any discomfort for a second.

Edited by Joe_the_Lion