Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

It's on Setanta - along with all these fights:06/10/07 Marco Antonio Barrera v Manny Pacquiao WBC Super Featherweight Championship13/10/07 Derry Matthews v Matthew Marsh WBU Featherweight14/10/07 Juan Diaz v Julio Diaz Lightweight03/11/07 Joe Calzaghe v Mikkel Kessler Super middleweight10/11/07 Miguel Cotto v Shane Mosley Welterweight23/11/07 Fernando Vargas v Ricardo Mayorga Super Welterwieght Championship

It was a very good fight. Unlike most, I don't dislike Jermian Taylor, he hasn't had roaring success or been particularily exciting as middleweight champ, he he took on a lot of tough fights in a row, and except the second Hopkins fight, I thought he deserved the win in all of them. But I think Pavlik will be a nice antidote to the effect Taylors had on the division, and with an exciting slugger on top, the division will recover form it's recent slump.

Was a great weekend of boxing last weekend with the Taylor Vs. Pavlik fight being very memorable. However the war between Clinton Woods & Julio Gonz

Gammer Calls Time On His Career

Former British heavyweight champion Scott Gammer has decided to call time on his career in the wake of his points defeat to John McDermott. Gammer, 30, was bidding for a second tilt at the prestigious Lonsdale belt and a rematch against Danny Williams who handed the Pembrokeshire man his first pro defeat in March to capture the crown. After

• Paid Members

anyone see Barrera/Pacquiao? it didnt really ignite but it was a decent enough fight...but was anyone else disgusted with the HBO commentary team? Man all they did was rip on Barrera through the whole thing, i thought it was shameful and it pissed me off.

Big George wasn't there to do his usual great job of putting that tool Merchant in his place. Emmanuel Steward knows his stuff though and i like Lampley. To be fair though that was the usual story of the sad final hurrah, i was watching the Naseem/Barrera fight on Saturday afternoon after work and it was like night and day compared to the performance against Pacquiao. Sad end to a real great.

Big George wasn't there to do his usual great job of putting that tool Merchant in his place. Emmanuel Steward knows his stuff though and i like Lampley. To be fair though that was the usual story of the sad final hurrah, i was watching the Naseem/Barrera fight on Saturday afternoon after work and it was like night and day compared to the performance against Pacquiao. Sad end to a real great.

Have to agree, was a damn shame to see that. Been a good weekend of boxing. Seen a few rounds of Louis Turner vs. Angel Hernandez and it is worth seeing just for how one of them would not go down inspite of the number of real money shots he took!Not suprised at all by the Holyfield result. Maybe he will demand a rematch with Matt Hardy to show how he is the Real Deal!Just about to watch Diaz Vs Diaz so will comment on that later if it is worth it.Looking forward to next weekend already. Be good to see how Johannsen comes back after the beating he took against Leva Kirakosyan. Winner of this match (with Michael Gomes) apparently has a fight against Kevin Mitchell on the 12th December.

• 1 month later...

the McCullough thing wont load for me, what is it?

Hmmm, it should load through Windows Media Player...The link to the story is hereHim and his wife basically lose the rag with a local reporter who is an old man, and Wayne pushes him at one stage.It was at the weigh in for his fight that was meant to take place this month at the Kings Hall, but his opponent Kiko Martinez was overweight and therefore the fight was postponed.