Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Cheers for that post, enjoyed reading it. Joe Louis or Ali for top spot?

Edit: On a separate note, did you know Ring magazine voted Lennox Lewis 30th or something in their greatest ever heavyweights? Compare that to Evander Holyfield at number THREE.

Edited by fruitcorner

• Paid Members
Cheers for that post, enjoyed reading it. Joe Louis or Ali for top spot?

Edit: On a separate note, did you know Ring magazine voted Lennox Lewis 30th or something in their greatest ever heavyweights? Compare that to Evander Holyfield at number THREE.

Especially odd considering Lewis beat Holyfield. And Lewis avenged his only 2 defeats. Deffo deserves higher than 30.

who's everyone fancy in the Cleverly-Bellew fight?

just been watching Bunce's Boxing Hour which had interviews with both guys and showed the old press conference again, it's heated stuff. It's probably the most hate filled British fight of the year. Whislt DeGale/Groves was a big rivalry it seemed to be more a case of both guys wanting to prove they were the best, this fight genuinely seems to have a nastiness to it It's gonna be great.

im going for bellew for three reasons 1) hes a great fighter 2) hes a local lad and 3) hes an evertonian. got a lot of respect for cleverly, thinks hes good but home field advantage favours bellew. wont be a KO think it may be settled on points

• Paid Members

how do you think Sky will cope now that Frank Warren's gone to Sky? i was watching Ringside this week an it' pretty interesting to see that they are still promoting Warren's fighters on there, they did a little preview of the Cleverly-Bellew fight.

They randomly showed footage from last week's Showbox event though was pretty weird (great fight highlight though), which was aired live on Premier Sports.

how do you think Sky will cope now that Frank Warren's gone to Sky? i was watching Ringside this week an it' pretty interesting to see that they are still promoting Warren's fighters on there, they did a little preview of the Cleverly-Bellew fight.

They randomly showed footage from last week's Showbox event though was pretty weird (great fight highlight though), which was aired live on Premier Sports.

I like how Sky are featuring a home grown and world wide look at boxing.

I also like the fact that they review or look back at events not featured live on Sky. I thought they might be tempted to insult the viewer and just focus on Sky events but thats not the case.

They even had Amir Khan on Ringside a few weeks back !

Fingers crossed Sky, Primetime, BoxNation and any other broadcaster can help push boxing back into the big time and continue to give us fans more

choice and opportunity to enjoy a sport we love.

In about 20 minutes mate. Really enjoying the coverage, Enzo Macranelli does know what he is talking about.

However, get rid of Richard Keyes as an anchor! Get your hairy hands back to football radio and stop rolling your eyes at Buncey! Ready made replacement in Andy Kerr. Make it happen Frank.

Edited by rubbafish

• Paid Members
In about 20 minutes mate. Really enjoying the coverage, Enzo Macranelli does know what he is talking about.

However, get rid of Richard Keyes as an anchor! Get your hairy hands back to football radio and stop rolling your eyes at Buncey! Ready made replacement in Andy Kerr. Make it happen Frank.

Agreed. He's acting like he's above this gig. He sounds like he wants to be somewhere else.