Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

holy fucking shit... that was the cherry on the cake for the night. Sad to see it happen to Enzo, but that was an absolutely brutal KO. Seeing Enzo refuse oxygen at the end whilst clearly out of it was a sad sight. Enzo has to hang em up, nobody recovers from a knockout like that.

holy fucking shit... that was the cherry on the cake for the night. Sad to see it happen to Enzo, but that was an absolutely brutal KO. Seeing Enzo refuse oxygen at the end whilst clearly out of it was a sad sight. Enzo has to hang em up, nobody recovers from a knockout like that.

Enzo never recovered from the Haye fight sadly. Tonight I hope will be the last time Enzo will go in the ring.

• Paid Members

thoughts on Nathan Cleverley? the sky's the limit for him surely?

he looks the complete package, and on Saturday he proved why he's going to be a fan favorite...he didn't fight the smartest, and i honestly though in round 4 that he'd blown his load, but he proved me wrong and outslugged Murat in the end. He probably could have won in an easier fashion but he showed he's down for a tear-up and that's pretty much what every fan wants to see at the end of the day. Great fight.

• Awards Moderator

Ricky Hatton has been stripped of his boxing licence.

Ricky Hatton has been stripped of his licence to box at a British Boxing Board of Control (BBBC) hearing but can still work as a promoter in the sport.

Hatton was found guilty of misconduct and also fined

Edited by Waterboy

• 2 weeks later...
Derek Chisora will take on Wladimer Klitschko for the IBF and WBO World Heavyweight titles on December 11th

And will get murdered. I'll call it now.

And it isn;t quite finalised yet but I expect Wlad to take it... easy pay day.

Edited by rubbafish

• Paid Members

Chisora is gonna get battered...the guy has confidence going for him, so he'll probably go in really thinking he can win it.

Prizefigher Heavyweights this Saturday! Always fun for a viewing:

Danny Hughes, Ali Adams, Matt Skelton, Michael Sprott, Danny Timlin, Kevin McBride, Shane McPhilbin, Franklin Egobi is the lineup.

I'm thinking of dropping a few quid on Skelton, his style is made for Prizefighter.

Chisora must have taken Sexton's WBO ranking because the guy was not ranked in either the IBF or WBO rankings so it's hard to see how this fight has been sanctioned. Basically, it's the same deal as the Skelton/Chagaev fight. He's a low-ranked opponent who will fight for little money but get some cash into the pot from Sky. Problem is, Del Boy is too small. He might be reasonably quick but he's just too small.

• Paid Members

Prizefighter Heavyweights tonight

First round:

-Matt Skelton vs. Ali Adams

-Kevin McBride vs. Franklin Egobi

-Michael Sprott vs. Danny Hughes

-Declan Timlin vs. Shane McPhilbin

Few fights next few months

-Vitali Klitschko vs Shannon Briggs (Oct 16th)

-Evander Holyfield vs Sherman Williams (Nov 12th)

-Manny Pacquiao vs Antonio Margarito (Nov 13th)

-Kelly Pavlik vs Bryan Vera (Nov 13th)

-David Haye vs Audley Harrison (Nov 13th)

-Juan Manuel Marquez vs Michael Katsidis (Nov 27th)

-Carl Froch vs Arthur Abraham (Nov 27th)

-Amir Khan vs Marcos Maidana (Dec 11th)

-Jean Pascal vs Bernard Hopkins (Dec 18th)

I think that was the worst Prizefighter i've ever seen.

The officials were completely useless. How did that knockdown by McBride on Skelton not count as far as the ref was concerned? He was all over the place trying to get back up.

Yeah, Prizefighter was really lacklustre last night. The previous few tournaments were far superior to it.

• Paid Members
I think that was the worst Prizefighter i've ever seen.

The officials were completely useless. How did that knockdown by McBride on Skelton not count as far as the ref was concerned? He was all over the place trying to get back up.

Yeah, Prizefighter was really lacklustre last night. The previous few tournaments were far superior to it.

What made last nights event even worse was the 'Top 10 Prizefighter fights' that Sky were showing throughout the day.

Im glad Sprott won it though, he's deserved something for a while now, but he did get a bit carried away with the 'I want Haye or the Klitschkos' comment!