Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Haye/Harrison falls on the same night as UFC 122 from Germany so they'll be on live at the same time...the boxing's gonna have to wait.

and what Mikey said ^ is probably why Carl Froch is one of my favorite fighters.

Plus, Froch had to come up the hard way. Micky Hennessy likes to work his fighters up through British, Commonwealth and then European levels before getting them a decent WBC ranking and going from there, no WBU titles or bullshit weak but WBO-ranked foreign opponents. There was a point where he was looking like he'd get fast-tracked. He fought on a Golden Boy show beating the durable Henry Porras (I looked it up) via TKO in 8. De La Hoya thought he had the new Calzaghe. The world was watching his next fight, a British title defence against the spoiler Matthew Barney and he won a clear decision in an ugly and somewhat boring fight. That set him back two years. He should have been fighting for a title in 2006, he ended up waiting until 2008.

After another Vitali Klitschko win, this time over Shannon Briggs, RING magazine columnist Michael Rosenthal gives his verdict on a possible Vitali/Wladimir Klitschko vs David Haye fight;

The giant Ukrainian continues to amaze at 39. Shannon Briggs was courageous but essentially another in a long line of unworthy challengers in a pathetically weak era of heavyweights. That

Haye/Harrison falls on the same night as UFC 122 from Germany so they'll be on live at the same time...the boxing's gonna have to wait.

Haha you sure thats the right decision? The UFC card looks highly dissapointing. That being said, i'll still be tuning in. UFC on at prime time is a nice treat!

Out of interest, any of you chaps trade boxing? I know Ebb does MMA and K1 etc, but not sure if anybody does boxing

Similarly did anyone see Wladimir Klitschko on Ringside this week on SKY Sports? He was the studio guest for the entire show and i don't think he could have came across any better. My girlfriend was sitting watching it and she has no interest in boxing what so ever and even commented on how nice he was, i told her he was the world heavyweight champion and she couldn't get over how humble and down to earth he came over. Also hilarious when they got onto talking about David Haye; literally laugh out loud stuff.

Very open and honest - try and get it on replay if it's repeated this week.

Edited by Stylin_and_Profilin

Whilst Wlad has beaten everybody there is to beat, saying Vitali is just beating what is out there is bullshit. Wlad will fight guys ranked 1-5, Vitali fights guys ranked 10-15 and the guys ranked in the middle are just waiting for their ranking to go up to fight Wlad.

• Paid Members
Similarly did anyone see Wladimir Klitschko on Ringside this week on SKY Sports? He was the studio guest for the entire show and i don't think he could have came across any better. My girlfriend was sitting watching it and she has no interest in boxing what so ever and even commented on how nice he was, i told her he was the world heavyweight champion and she couldn't get over how humble and down to earth he came over. Also hilarious when they got onto talking about David Haye; literally laugh out loud stuff.

Very open and honest - try and get it on replay if it's repeated this week.

i'll get on that, cheers man.

Has anyone been reading up on the build up to the Pacquiao fight?

It sounds like Freddie Roach isn't happy with his training, saying that he's got too many distractions at present.

I wouldn't be surprised if he loses to Margarito.