Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Can't wait for JMM-Katsidis fight.

Marquez has been a favourite of mine for years but I think I might be rooting for Katsidis in this one.I'd love to see him win a fight like this after what's gone on with his brother.If he's missed his brother's funeral that shows how serious he is about this fight,that some serious motivation there.Could affect him really badly if he loses though.

Amir Khan is making noises about fighting Mayweather.

That's a fight I would certainly pay to see;

Britain's Amir Khan believes he will be ready to fight American great Floyd Mayweather within a year.

And Khan says he has the backing of sparring partner Manny Pacquiao, who was set to fight Mayweather this year before negotiations broke down.

Khan, 23, defends his WBA light-welterweight crown against Argentina's Marcos Maidana on 11 December.

"In the next 12 months, [Mayweather] will be an ideal fight for me. It's definitely one I'd fancy," said Khan.

"Manny thinks it will be a good fight because he's trained with me, sparred with me, he really thinks I'm good enough to fight Mayweather now.

"But I think in the next 12 months, when I get even better and with more experience, I think I'll be in better condition to fight him then.

"This is a timing game and I want to fight him when I think I'm ready, not when he's ready and I'm not. I want to fight him when we're both ready and when I've hit my peak."

Khan has regularly sparred with Philippine superstar Pacquiao since joining up with the same trainer, Freddie Roach, following his knockout at the hands of Breidis Prescott in September 2008.

Since then Khan has moved up a division, won the WBA belt and defended it twice, last time out against Paulie Malignaggi in New York in May.

However, the 27-year-old Maidana has 27 knockouts from 29 fights and is likely to pose greater problems than the light-punching American.

Apparently this has not prevented five-weight world champion Pacquiao from encouraging his friend to dream of a possible match with Mayweather, while Khan says his American promoters are also keen to see the fight happen.

"Richard Schaefer [chief executive of Golden Boy Promotions, who also staged Mayweather's most recent fights] says it's a fight of the future," said Khan.

"It's a fight he wants to see made and he thinks I've got the style to beat Mayweather. He says he hasn't said that to many people."

Talks between Pacquiao and Mayweather broke down in January after Pacquiao refused Mayweather's demands for random blood and urine tests.

• Paid Members

Fuck me,I would like to see that.

Khan's fast enough but I reckon Mayweather's too good defensively and I could see Floyd winning a lopsided decision or even putting him away late.I see all these Khan quotes about how Pacquiao can't hurt him in sparring and stuff but I don't buy it.Don't think he'd trouble Mayweather really,could be a good fight though.

The problem with Khan is, he's not got a chin.

He can try and cover it up all he wants, but the way he got put away by Breidis Prescott exposed the fact that a fighter with a decent punch can take him out.

I'd pick Mayweather over him every day of the week.

• Paid Members

anyone know what time Harrison/Haye is due to start? im guessing around 10, but i aint sure if they're doing one of those silly midnight starts to accomidate US TV...last i heard though, this wasn't even on in America.

• Paid Members

been picking up a stack of Mike Tyson related footage recently....im gonna try and pick up full broadcasts for as many of his fights as i can. Also unearted a load of old documentaries about him.

Last night i watched an interview he did live on US TV back in May, on a program called Centerstage.

It's well worth a watch if you're a Tyson fan, but man, is he unstable. It's sad to see, Tyson can go from being child-like with his excitement on there to being in tears. You can hear the anguish and suffering in his voice at times. I felt bad that TV shows still put him out there for the world to stare at when the guy clearly needs some help, but it's still fascinating in it's own way.

Most if it's on youtube if you wanna check it out.

Last night i watched an interview he did live on US TV back in May, on a program called Centerstage.

It's well worth a watch if you're a Tyson fan, but man, is he unstable. It's sad to see, Tyson can go from being child-like with his excitement on there to being in tears. You can hear the anguish and suffering in his voice at times. I felt bad that TV shows still put him out there for the world to stare at when the guy clearly needs some help, but it's still fascinating in it's own way.

Really?

Guys like Steve Bunce have been saying recently how relaxed and better in himself Tyson looks these days.

Really?

Guys like Steve Bunce have been saying recently how relaxed and better in himself Tyson looks these days.

Aye, he did a thing with Oprah last year and they brought Holyfield out too. They both said their piece and buried the hatchet; Tyson seemed totally peace with himself then, it was cool to watch.

Edited by Stylin_and_Profilin