Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

I love that Jim Watt basically just said that all the hype was bullshit and anyone who bought into it was an idiot.

It was quite embarrassing really. Audley didn't want to be there, did he?

And Watt was right in pretty much everything he said. I paid for it, wasn't a great fight but unlike the Khan Vs Prescott event, I don't feel jiped as that sort of fight was always potentially on the cards.

Now barring a miraculous result for Chisora, I see a fight agaist Wladimir in the early months of 2011.

couldn't Haye have taken the fight with Wladimir in December instead of papering his reign with a win over Harrison, you knpw, that fight that he wants so badly

He is saying he wants to retire before October next year, why would he not try and get as much big money fights as possible before he calls it quits?

Harrison didnt deserve a shot at the World title, not tonight or any night. haye could have taken the December date easily if he wanted to. The Heavyweight division only has the Klitschokos as 'the' big money fight. I know he said he wants to retire at 31 next year (whenever that is), an he wanted to fight both brothers, the longer he puts it off, the less credible he becomes.

Its been talked up so much ,the Boxing boards should just say, "thats it! You've all talked this fight up, your not fighting anyone else"

Feel sorry for the people that paid for that shite. Two rounds of nothing and then a flurry from Haye to win the fight easily. It was never in doubt. Boxing really isn't value for money, at least you're guarenteed a three hour event with WWE PPV's and you're guarenteed stuff much more entertaining than that with MMA too.

With the way the first two rounds went anyone would think they both thought fuck it, lets make it past three rounds to give this some credibility (not that there was any) and then when the fight started it was done & dusted in seconds.

And they say that the WWE is pre-determined....hmm.

• Paid Members
I am going to make a call now. The more I hear about Pac Mans build up to tonight, the more I fancy Margarito. I am going to go with Marg for the win despite my love for one of the best boxers over the last 2-3 years.

Yeah his training camp has been pretty bad this time round. After watching 24/7, the build up reminded me of Rocky/Clubber Lang's first fight, where one guy is living the high life of a champion(and in Pacs case, Politician), and the other is training hard.

Cant wait for the fight, hopefully it delivers.