Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

anyone know what time Harrison/Haye is due to start? im guessing around 10, but i aint sure if they're doing one of those silly midnight starts to accomidate US TV...last i heard though, this wasn't even on in America.

Livesportontv.com have Haye Harrison listed as 8pm till 10pm and UFC listed as 8pm till 11pm. Not sure if those timings are perfectly correct but thats what it gives me. Didn't Haye not want to come out for the Valuev fight because of the X-Factor clash?

• Paid Members
Didn't Tyson's kid die last year? that must still be burning him up inside, I noticed in the paper today that his wife was pregnant again so it must be somewhat confusing time for him.

yeh, his young daughter hung herself by accident i believe, awful. Tyson brings it up in the interview.

• Paid Members

just watched this week's Ringside.

Fair play, despite the fact that the majority of people think Haye is going to destroy Harrison, the media and the two fighters have done a great job of hyping this up. When first announced it was kind of like 'what the fuck!? why!?' but they've got me wanting to see it now. Great job by the hype brigade, and i'm thinking dropping a few quid on Harrison might be worth a punt.

then there's Pacman/Margarito...

the 24/7 series is the best hype shows out there (better than UFC promotional shows), the honesty in which it's presented is refreshing... HBO are actually promoting the fight by saying that Pacman is having a terrible training camp, there's no glossing it over like 95% of the time in boxing/mma, it's a strange approach but it's enthralling. I'm also fancying Margarito for the upset.

2 in one night?

just watched this week's Ringside.

Fair play, despite the fact that the majority of people think Haye is going to destroy Harrison, the media and the two fighters have done a great job of hyping this up. When first announced it was kind of like 'what the fuck!? why!?' but they've got me wanting to see it now. Great job by the hype brigade, and i'm thinking dropping a few quid on Harrison might be worth a punt.

then there's Pacman/Margarito...

the 24/7 series is the best hype shows out there (better than UFC promotional shows), the honesty in which it's presented is refreshing... HBO are actually promoting the fight by saying that Pacman is having a terrible training camp, there's no glossing it over like 95% of the time in boxing/mma, it's a strange approach but it's enthralling. I'm also fancying Margarito for the upset.

2 in one night?I am having a cheeky tenner on Harrison in round 1, i know it is a long shot, just got a feeling? I reckon they are both coming out, all guns blazing & this simply has to be Harrisons last ever chance?

2 in one night?

Not really, HBO have PPV's to sell at $50 a pop, and the whole world and their dog knows Pacquiao wins 99 times out of 100, so there needs to be angle so people can at least be hyped in to believing Margarito has a chance. If they see Pac having a fine training camp, nobody buys the fight, as it has the potential to be ridiculously one-sided. It's not neccesarily staged, but overly dramatised. It's a good programme, but I wouldn't be so quick to praise it's 'honesty'. 24/7 has a very clear agenda.

I'd recommend Showtime's excellent Fight Camp 360 series which tells the behind the scenes story of their Super 6 tournament. As gash as the tournament has turned out to be, the documentary series is fascinating, and covers a lot more of the promotional and negiotations behind the scenes.

As for Haye v Harrison, I've said it before, and I'll still be a grump, sadly-it's a joke of a fight. No matter how much sky try to big Audley's chances, all he has is the typical 'punchers' chance, that any competent boxer would have in there against Haye. The faux 'rivalry' set up between them, when they won't talk face to face etc. is excruciating and makes the WWE look believable at times.

Everything that is wrong about 21st century boxing is shown in both the haye v harrison and Pacquiao v Margarito fights. :(

i was wrong, the round betting is at 66/1 for Harrison.

I actually think Harrison is a good boxer, but very lazy. Perhaps with this being his last & biggest opportunity? Plus Haye is exciting in a reckless sort of way, add to that a bit of needle and there could be some bombs flying, from the very start? Harrison R1, come on !