Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

I read that Warren article yesterday. A man famous for protecting his fighters accusing someone else of ducking fights? ALso Sexton and Chisroa making their mark on the world scene? Just no.

Anyways, I am looking forward to the Haye Vs. Harrison fight because I like seeing A-Farce get KTFO! COuld be a top domestic night if they get the undercard together.

• Paid Members

I think Audley competing for the world heavyweight title is a massive joke, and devalues the championship. He should not be allowed within a hundred feet of a title shot, he has done nothing to warrant it. Haye should destroy him.

What happened with the Klitschkos then? Did Haye really pull out, I thought the brothers were avoiding him?

What happened with the Klitschkos then? Did Haye really pull out, I thought the brothers were avoiding him?

He pulled out of fighting both of them.

Didnt Haye want a massive share of the purse compared to what was on offer. I vaguely remember Warren mentioning it in the Sun

Haye/Harrison has immense car crash potential and could destroy any career that Haye wants to make if he isnt convincing or loses.

Depends what 'Audinary' turns up, never really been the same sice he turned pro.. cest la vie

hmmmmn, im considering going to Haye/Harrison, it falls in my week off. I'll see what kind of ticket prices are released. I agree with Bellend in that it's an odd fight to make and serves only really to offer Haye a big chunk of money with an easier fight than what he's been promising, but i still might go.

Question about the Maginificent 7 card...anyone know what kind of time that's gonna start? gonna be a long night.

Cheapest ones should be

Haye/Harrison is a difficult one. I can't blame him for the Klitschko breakdown. He wants a fair cut of the gate receipts. However, taking on Harrison in London feels like a tactical blunder to me. He has 15 challengers in the WBA rankings. People were talking up Tomasz Adamek as an opponent but I think they got that shit straight off Boxrec. Ruslan Chagaev is his number one challenger, he won a title eliminator and I think Haye could handle Chagaev. Harrison is ranked 13th by virtue of having won and then given up the EBU European heavyweight title. However, seeing some of the shit above him on that list, Harrison is certainly one of his top ten challengers in real terms.

It's crazy to think that after ten years, Audley could actually back up what he has been saying day in and day out about being a World Champion. He has barely done anything to justify a shot, but it's a fight that will at least have a great build up to it. The trash talking has already begun and no doubt they'll be alot more to follow. On the same night as Pacquiao/Margarito aswell which makes for a great night of boxing.

Both Haye and Harrison were on the Today programme on Radio 4 this morning, it was brilliant. They wouldn't sit in the same part of the studio together, wouldn't apologise for things they'd said and wouldn't confirm that they'd shake hands after the match (Haye: "It's a little hard to shake hands with someone who's being stretchered away"). It was all rather childish, more so from Haye who I thought had been a bit more respectuful to opponents up til now. Bear in mind I don't really follow boxing, that's just what I've seen over the last few days, he was being more of an arse than Audley on 5 Live the other day too.

The funniest part was Haye confirming at one point that he won't gang-rape Audley. He can't anyway, he's not the One Man Gang!

• Paid Members
Both Haye and Harrison were on the Today programme on Radio 4 this morning, it was brilliant. They wouldn't sit in the same part of the studio together, wouldn't apologise for things they'd said and wouldn't confirm that they'd shake hands after the match (Haye: "It's a little hard to shake hands with someone who's being stretchered away"). It was all rather childish, more so from Haye who I thought had been a bit more respectuful to opponents up til now. Bear in mind I don't really follow boxing, that's just what I've seen over the last few days, he was being more of an arse than Audley on 5 Live the other day too.

The funniest part was Haye confirming at one point that he won't gang-rape Audley. He can't anyway, he's not the One Man Gang!

They were on Sky News aswell with the little woman reporter inbetween them. Wouldnt look at each other and slinging insults back and forth. Im actually looking forward to this fight.