Jump to content

UKFF Poster of 2005?  

286 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

Posted

El Supremo deserves it by a mile imo.However my second choice I don't think many people agree with and that's Ashley.People are quick to critisize her in various topics when the things I notice about her posts are the way she looks for a positive in each situation like a crap wrestler getting a push or a crap ppv card when all around her are moaning and complaining about it, and also when she gets flamed she never tries a stupid comeback or turns it in to a flame war. If only more people did that.I'm genuinely chuffed to see myself on there too. :blush:

  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Dirk Gently
Posted

You're only saying that because your posts are longer than most GCSE essays.

The WWE currently sucks balls.
C-
Why the change of heart? That was an A- last time I looked. Did he forget your apple this morning?
After doublechecking, points were lost for poor grammar. 'The WWE'? Unacceptable.
Your grading sucks. If "the WWF" is acceptable then so is "the WWE". "Federation" and "Entertainment" are both nouns, so there is no way you can say it is acceptable to use "the" before one and not the other.
Posted

El Supremo deserves it by a mile imo.However my second choice I don't think many people agree with and that's Ashley.People are quick to critisize her in various topics when the things I notice about her posts are the way she looks for a positive in each situation like a crap wrestler getting a push or a crap ppv card when all around her are moaning and complaining about it, and also when she gets flamed she never tries a stupid comeback or turns it in to a flame war. If only more people did that.I'm genuinely chuffed to see myself on there too. :blush:

:) Thank you dopper. :)
Posted (edited)

You're only saying that because your posts are longer than most GCSE essays.

The WWE currently sucks balls.
C-
Why the change of heart? That was an A- last time I looked. Did he forget your apple this morning?
After doublechecking, points were lost for poor grammar. 'The WWE'? Unacceptable.
Your grading sucks. If "the WWF" is acceptable then so is "the WWE". "Federation" and "Entertainment" are both nouns, so there is no way you can say it is acceptable to use "the" before one and not the other.
Did you refer to WCW as "the WCW" too?How about TNA? Edited by Just Me
Guest Dirk Gently
Posted (edited)

One of the 'newz' reporters, Brian Cantor (formerly Ben Johnson) is a Harvard kid, and is always up in arms when people say "the WWE".

I'd like to see a grammatical explanation as to why it's wrong. Edited by Dirk Gently
Posted

One of the 'newz' reporters, Brian Cantor (formerly Ben Johnson) is a Harvard kid, and is always up in arms when people say "the WWE".

I'd like to see a grammatical explanation as to why it's wrong.
I can't give you a grammatical explanation as such, but I can give you a brief explanation.Because WWE is a company that doesn't have the word 'the' infront of it, you should just call it WWE instead of the WWE. Like someone has said. You don't say I'm going to the McDonalds. If you want to say the before a company's name, you should state that it is a comany for example 'The WWE company suck balls' or just say 'WWE suck balls' . Not The WWE suck balls.
Guest Dirk Gently
Posted

One of the 'newz' reporters, Brian Cantor (formerly Ben Johnson) is a Harvard kid, and is always up in arms when people say "the WWE".

I'd like to see a grammatical explanation as to why it's wrong.
I can't give you a grammatical explanation as such, but I can give you a brief explanation.Because WWE is a company that doesn't have the word 'the' infront of it, you should just call it WWE instead of the WWE. Like someone has said. You don't say I'm going to the McDonalds. If you want to say the before a company's name, you should state that it is a comany for example 'The WWE company suck balls' or just say 'WWE suck balls' . Not The WWE suck balls.
Now that I can agree with, I just don't agree with the people that say it's ok to say "the WWF" and not "the WWE".
  • Paid Members
Posted

Those people are right.Federation is a regular noun (a specific thing) but Entertainment is an abstract noun (a concept).Regular nouns are preceded by a definitive article ('the' or 'a' depending on the context) while abstract nouns don't have an article.

Posted

Thank you for clarifying John.Mr. Cantor would be absolutely elated if he ever saw this.

Save it for his Birthday.
Guest Dirk Gently
Posted

Those people are right.Federation is a regular noun (a specific thing) but Entertainment is an abstract noun (a concept).Regular nouns are preceded by a definitive article ('the' or 'a' depending on the context) while abstract nouns don't have an article.

I disagree. According to what I've just read in several places about abstract nouns, federation must also be classed as an abstract noun as well.
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...