[NSFW] Less commercial or conventional hotties

The Sparkmeister

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Armitage Shanks said:

How? She is of Indian descent, I was using a description word which I thought was PC. I was not saying anything derogatory. 

She is British. You could have said "the woman on I'm a Celeb from Corrie" and everyone would have known who you meant. But you specifically picked up on her racial background. You are a racist.

5 minutes ago, Armitage Shanks said:

How? She is of Indian descent, I was using a description word which I thought was PC. I was not saying anything derogatory. 

And if I am wrong for saying "Indian" I wasn't aiming to be offensive. This isn't about Racism though, it's about you trying to pick a quarell with me again as you always do. 

You could have used the time to find out her name

1 minute ago, Devon Malcolm said:

She is British. You could have said "the woman on I'm a Celeb from Corrie" and everyone would have known who you meant. But you specifically picked up on her racial background. You are a racist.

This is why people are scared to say anything nowadays - the PC brigade. I've said nothing offensive. 

Ffs I was saying she was a hottie, how's that discriminative?

1 minute ago, Armitage Shanks said:

Well the surname Khan as far as I'm aware is an Indian/Pakistani surname?

And therein is the issue.  Why lump India and Pakistan together when they are totally different?  Why did you call her Indian?  Because of the colour of her skin.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Keith Houchen said:

Why did you call her Indian?  Because of the colour of her skin.

I assume he did so because she plays a second generation British of Indian descent on a TV soap. 

5 minutes ago, Armitage Shanks said:

Her character in Corrie is of Indian descent too

That and she's a bit dusky.....

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Armitage Shanks said:

This is why people are scared to say anything nowadays - the PC brigade. I've said nothing offensive.

Always the sign of a bona fide idiot, when they whip out the "PC brigade" line. If you don't understand why what you said was wrong then I wouldn't be even slightly surprised given your history on here, because you are a bona fide idiot. Nobody's talking about being offended. We're talking about your racial insensitivity.

Just now, Keith Houchen said:

And therein is the issue.  Why lump India and Pakistan together when they are totally different?  Why did you call her Indian?  Because of the colour of her skin.

Ok so I'm not being racist, I've mixed up Indian and Pakistani. I meant to say Asian I suppose.

When I've been on holiday and people of different nationality to me have mixed me up for bein Irish or scottish  they're not being racist, they just don't understand the difference. 

1 minute ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Always the sign of a bona fide idiot, when they whip out the "PC brigade" line. If you don't understand why what you said was wrong then I wouldn't be even slightly surprised given your history on here, because you are a bona fide idiot. Nobody's talking about being offended. We're talking about your racial insensitivity.

It's not me being sensitive about this. This wouldn't have been an issue if anyone else had posted it. It's Keith Houchen just jumping on my posts and starting because it was me. I was not being offensive or discriminating.

What history? Again stemming from Keith's bullshit. The only history I've got on here is that prick, jumping on everything I say and accusing me of being ex members. 

8 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I did not think Armitage was being racist, but knew other people would jump all over his comment.

I assume that also makes me a "racist"?

9 minutes ago, Armitage Shanks said:

Ok so I'm not being racist, I've mixed up Indian and Pakistani. I meant to say Asian I suppose.

When I've been on holiday and people of different nationality to me have mixed me up for bein Irish or scottish  they're not being racist, they just don't understand the difference. 

Ignorance is not an excuse. 

13 minutes ago, Armitage Shanks said:

Her character in Corrie is of Indian descent too? 

No she isn't.

6 minutes ago, Armitage Shanks said:

Yes, that's exactly the same thing as calling a British person with brown skin an Indian.  Why didn't you say she was British?

And yes, I've got no history of challenging people on here for racism, sexism etc, either intended or not, but as you've only been here for just over a year, you may not have noticed that.

@Lord-Mountevans, Of course it doesn't make you a racist anticipating that someone using problematic language when describing someone will be challenged on it.  Whether it was deliberate or not, calling someone Indian because of their skin colour is pretty shit.  

1 minute ago, Steve Justice said:

Ignorance is not an excuse. 

It is an excuse though!

You can be ignorant without being racist. Granted being ignorant is not great, but if you make an ignorant comment that has nothing to do with hatred towards someone of a different nationality or skin colour etc. then you are a non-racist ignorant buffoon, at least in my eyes for what it's worth?