[NSFW] Less commercial or conventional hotties

The Sparkmeister

Just now, Lord-Mountevans said:

You can be ignorant without being racist.

Yeah, racism comes from a place of hate, casual racism doesn't.  At least that's how I look at it.  Casual racism can be avoided and changed whereas out and out racism probably can't.

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, Armitage Shanks said:

It's not me being sensitive about this.

Maybe if you were more sensitive about these things then you wouldn't have said such a stupid thing in the first place.

3 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Yeah, racism comes from a place of hate, casual racism doesn't.  At least that's how I look at it.  Casual racism can be avoided and changed whereas out and out racism probably can't.

So I'm not a racist in your book then? So why call me it?

Anyway to reiterate this isn't about racism, it's about your vendetta against me. 

1 minute ago, Keith Houchen said:

But ignorance is not "casual racism", it's ignorance. You could be oblivious to a comment you made that others may deem "racist" or "casually racist" & if that comment contains zero hatred in it, then an apology for a foolish mistake should be enough & we can move onto getting rid of genuine racism.

1 minute ago, Lord-Mountevans said:

But ignorance is not "casual racism", it's ignorance. You could be oblivious to a comment you made that others may deem "racist" or "casually racist" & if that comment contains zero hatred in it, then an apology for a foolish mistake should be enough & we can move onto getting rid of genuine racism.

That's not ignorance. That's not knowing.

2 minutes ago, Lord-Mountevans said:

The person making the comment doesn't get to say if it's racist or not, but you're right, if you make a casually racist comment and learn from it being pointed out, then fair enough.  If you keep using it, that's when it moves into racist territory for me.  I'm aware that I probably make problematic comments, when I'm called out or challenged on them, I learn why it's offensive, apologise and not use them again.

1 minute ago, Keith Houchen said:

The person making the comment doesn't get to say if it's racist or not, but you're right, if you make a casually racist comment and learn from it being pointed out, then fair enough.  If you keep using it, that's when it moves into racist territory for me.  I'm aware that I probably make problematic comments, when I'm called out or challenged on them, I learn why it's offensive, apologise and not use them again.

For those keeping score, this is not ignorance. This is being educated and having the decency to use that education to not cause offence. 

7 minutes ago, Lord-Mountevans said:

Yes fair point, as pointed out my comments were not meant to cause offence. I apologise for mistaken her as an Indian.

But back to my origional point.....I'd wallop her đŸ˜€

3 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

The person making the comment doesn't get to say if it's racist or not, but you're right, if you make a casually racist comment and learn from it being pointed out, then fair enough.  If you keep using it, that's when it moves into racist territory for me.

I wasn't saying if it was racist or not, and I never kept using it. I just argued that I wasn't racist. 

7 minutes ago, Steve Justice said:

That's not ignorance. That's not knowing.

OK "not knowing" then, call it what you want. Just don't shout "racist" unless someone is being hateful.

Laugh at them, argue with them, correct them. But know what true racism is and don't overreact to a foolish comment made by an ignorant person.