The UKFF Betting Topic

John Amos

Although the bookies have Celtic as real outsiders tonight, its worth having a look at the various different bets available on this game (eg half time/full time result, first goal scorer) - some crazy odds floating around!

• Paid Members

Although the bookies have Celtic as real outsiders tonight, its worth having a look at the various different bets available on this game (eg half time/full time result, first goal scorer) - some crazy odds floating around!

Even a draw in ninety minutes is 9/2 (on Bwin), which I think would be great value.https://www.bwin.com/betsnew.aspx?SportID=4

What does anyone think of a forecast on Kauto Star to beat Exotic Dancer in the gold cup??Surely pay good bit for a tenner and I want a safety blanket for if Dancer doesn't win?

I wouldn't go near Kauto Star with someone elses money after his last showing. Edited by BurningHammer

• Paid Members

Even a draw in ninety minutes is 9/2 (on Bwin), which I think would be great value.https://www.bwin.com/betsnew.aspx?SportID=4
~~!

Guest Miami 2017

What does anyone think of a forecast on Kauto Star to beat Exotic Dancer in the gold cup??Surely pay good bit for a tenner and I want a safety blanket for if Dancer doesn't win?

I wouldn't go near Kauto Star with someone elses money after his last showing.
(The forecast would pay about 6 or 7 quid)There are horses who are world-class, and get found out at Cheltenham. That will be Kauto Star. I wouldn't even bet he'd be in the first three. I can see L'Ami being therebaouts - he's a solid jumper, and he'll keep running. As he's fresh, Monkerhostin has a place chance at a massive price. If he was at his best, he'd win this year's renewal. Speaking of Cheltenham horses, take Spotthedifference. He's about 103, yet at Cheltenham he looks on other horses as though they were pieces of shit. I know he's old, but you couldn't realistically back anything against him on form, just on the basis of his age.What's everyones Cheltenham bankers? I took 14/1 about my favourite horse, Hardy Eustace, before Christmas for the Champion Hurdle. He's currently 5/1 - I'd be astonished if he doesn't place. Detroit City is a fantastic horse, but I think Eustace has more guts. Detroit's time will come next year, I'm hoping. I'm not sure anything could beat Denman, but I'd never back anything at a short price at Cheltenham. So much could go wrong, it's akin to pissing money away. Also, I'm going on Tuesday, anyone else? Edited by Miami 2017

I'm off on the Friday Miami.My view on Kauto is this - He'll either be the machine that he's hyped up to be and win on the bridle by 5 minutes, or he'll fall or not stay. There'll be no inbetween or near miss, I feel that its success or disaster. The dangers to him? Exotic Dancer is the obvious one, but there are still nagging doubts about him getting the trip as well despite his excellent course form. Beef Or Salmon? It would have to rain for 10 years and be run at Leopardstown for him to have a chance. L'ami? Got a lot closer to Kauto than really he should have, and he was receiving 10lb's. Plus McCoy is on Exotic Dancer. State of Play is just a very good handicapper. The Listener also needs soft ground.I take your point about Monkerhostin, as he started favourite 12 months ago, but he's been off the track or most of the year so may lack a bit of race fitness. However, he was the last horse to beat Kauto.In fact, the more and more I think about it, I feel that Kauto will win it easily. This is simply due to the lack of quality opposition. No Kicking King, no War Of Attrition, no Trabolgan, Celestial Gold, Star De Mohaison, or Hedgehunter. If 3 or these 6 were to turn up, then Kauto would struggle to get placed.On the tuesday, I'm sat on an antepost bet for Macs Joy, but I feel that the ground could go against it, so I'm gonna do a reverse forecast with Eustace and Inca, as I just can't split the two.I have two real "Bankers" - Degas Art in the Triumph Hurdle, and Boychuck in the Sun Alliance Chase.