The UKFF Betting Topic

John Amos

Just got in from Aintree - mental scenes, seriously packed to the rafters, but what a day! Had the first three winners, Barry Geraghty with a treble, but then had Reve De Sivola which finished third. Had Oscar Time e/w in the big race, then Via Gallilei and Montbazon which were both placed.

Surreal atmosphere, although somewhat dampened by the two deaths. Highlight of the day was a five minute chat with Steve McMananam, who is a hero of mine. The bloke was seriously good company, and I was ready for sucking him off there and then.

As for the Masters, a mixed bag really. I've backed Tiger to win @ 12s, and Donald e/w at 28s. But I've also done McDowell who's missed the cut, and Kaymer who's missed everything.

Come on the tiger!!

I backed Everton and Bolton as 2 seperate singles today. Not too bad. had a tenner on Chelsea, Spurs and Sunderland treble which Sunderland let me down on, but my winnings were enough to pay for my Wembley trip next week, so hopefully another win for Bolton

• Paid Members

Had two (almost) 5/1 trebles win today. Spurs/MK Dons/Dundee United and then Schalke/Frieburg/Hannover. Very good result.

Took Stylin's advice on Huddersfield/Peterbro in the both teams to score stakes but put it in a treble with Crewe/Barnet (Yay) and Wolves/Everton (Boo).

I put a 5er on Chelsea,Man Utd & Spurs to win got 15 back used a 5er of that to put LA Galaxy to win tonight which which will get me another 15 quid which will give me 30 quid for a 5er today which is pretty good.

a good bet is burton to go down at 3/1 even though they have 2 games in hand. they cant win a game home or away. if not them Northampton who are similar cant win are 4/1 both at bet365.

Following on from yesterdays good run going for a dobule today on Benfica (5/6) + Porto (1/2) and Ross County draw no bet @ 6/5 in the Alba cup final later on.

Got Benfica & Porto in one of my accums but be careful as both will be resting teams with the europa games to come this week and also Porto have won the title already so Benfica in particular may put out a complete 2nd team, Porto are going for the unbeaten record so may put out a stronger line up.