DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members
I'd like to hear your views on the Bob Hoskins film "The Long Good Friday". I thought it was terrific.

Charlie Fairhead from "Casualty" is in it. So it must be good.

It's a great film. It also has one of the best and most subtle endings of all time. Arguably Hoskins' best performance.

• Paid Members
I'd like to hear your views on the Bob Hoskins film "The Long Good Friday". I thought it was terrific.

Charlie Fairhead from "Casualty" is in it. So it must be good.

It's a great film. It also has one of the best and most subtle endings of all time. Arguably Hoskins' best performance.

Yeah, I'm still wondering what happened to him.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

I'd think he'd be offed by the Irish.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();
Edited by bAzTNM

Watched Burn After Reading last night (thankfully I avoided the spoilers). I've enjoyed most Coen Brothers films, and this one didn't dissapoint. I really enjoyed it, it made me laugh and wasn't predictable. Brad Pitt is great, John Malkovitch was his usual aggressive self which he does well, Tilda Swanton (Swinton???) enrages me anyway (I hate her in everything) and George Clooney was brilliant. Can't wait to watch it again.

Duel at Diablo.

I'm not fond of westerns so I wasn't exactly keen on it, but for some reason I ended up watching it all the way through. James Garner and Sidney Poitier recruited to tag along with a convoy through Apache held territory, Garner looking for the man who killed his wife and some other stuff... Considering I don't like westerns, I enjoyed this way too much.

I also watched a film with Samuel L Jackson as a substitute teacher in a rough school on 5 last night. I didn't read the description so it looked like Dangerous Minds all over again, but it ended up being a bit different... and not very good.

I also watched a film with Samuel L Jackson as a substitute teacher in a rough school on 5 last night. I didn't read the description so it looked like Dangerous Minds all over again, but it ended up being a bit different... and not very good.

• Paid Members

jumping jack flash

its a gas gas gas

ok film, i love it becuse id watch it as a child, and as such may view it with rose tinted specs, but its good fun if a little basic, nether engrossing in plot or laugh a min, it is a nice little escape

• Paid Members
jumping jack flash

its a gas gas gas

ok film, i love it becuse id watch it as a child, and as such may view it with rose tinted specs, but its good fun if a little basic, nether engrossing in plot or laugh a min, it is a nice little escape

No, it's a good little film, I enjoyed it, one of Whoopi's better ones although that isn't saying much.

Just watched Whispering Corridors. Not one of the better K-Horror films I've seen, I must say, very meandering and dull in places.

• Paid Members
jumping jack flash

its a gas gas gas

Loved that film as well. Must have been the beginnings of computer chat-lines in that film.

Edited by bAzTNM