Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted
17 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Booking a convuluted multi match for the World title at the PPV, has me thinking they might actually go with Mercedes Vs. Thekla as the main event. 

Or not. 

I think it’s less likely now, particularly if there’s a surprise entrant, but even if there isn’t, it’s a new concept so I think they’ll close with it. Plus, unless they definitively turn Thekla before the match, it’s still heel vs heel so I think there’s the risk of a muted crowd reaction if it were to close. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Jay White is injured again (link to Fightful) and will be out for 1-2 months. Hurt himself at All Out, apparently.

It’s such a shame that he seems to be injury prone, he’s really found his footing as a babyface and he’s someone whose journey to the World Title could easily be your next big story, if you could feel confident that he’d be around to tell it.

Here’s hoping it’s bad luck, and he’s able to have a lengthy uninterrupted run when he returns from this.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Bad luck for him and also the rest of the Bang Bang Gang. The group misses him and just seems stuck in limbo until he gets back.

Maybe time for a Gunns push in the tag division. They are really bloody good. Austin Gunn in particular. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
14 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

Booking a convuluted multi match for the World title at the PPV, has me thinking they might actually go with Mercedes Vs. Thekla as the main event. 

Or not. 

I saw this on a Discord last night and I'm on board with this. I'm not down on the Clockwork Sheamus match, it sounds insane, but it's tacky as fuck for an AEW Title match. It should be a TV special. As it isn't, I'm not sure it's worthy of headlining above Mone & Thekla. Perhaps with the only caveat being that Mone winning feels very obvious.

1 hour ago, RedTwoster said:

Jay White is injured again (link to Fightful) and will be out for 1-2 months. Hurt himself at All Out, apparently.

It’s such a shame that he seems to be injury prone, he’s really found his footing as a babyface and he’s someone whose journey to the World Title could easily be your next big story, if you could feel confident that he’d be around to tell it.

Here’s hoping it’s bad luck, and he’s able to have a lengthy uninterrupted run when he returns from this.

I really like Jay White. He's got so much upside, he's way younger than I think he is and he's very good at everything. He just cannot get any momentum because he's either getting injured or there's someone else who is a priority. I really want to see him suceed but I just think everytime a window of opportunity closes, it's such a shame for him. It's frankly astonishing that he hasn't held a singles title in AEW but I think that might be because they see him as that top level act and don't want him to get mired in the midcard belts. 

I really hope he comes back strong and is a top challenger for Ospreay at some point soon.

16 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Bad luck for him and also the rest of the Bang Bang Gang. The group misses him and just seems stuck in limbo until he gets back.

Maybe time for a Gunns push in the tag division. They are really bloody good. Austin Gunn in particular. 

They really are good. They look fantastic. Similar to the above point, I worry that they've been harmed in the past by being a bit of a joke on TV. They feel nowhere close to the Bucks or FTR despite being almost as good as anyone. I'd love to see a concerted effort to tell their story and put them over as the nex big babyface team to win the belts. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

Bad luck for him and also the rest of the Bang Bang Gang. The group misses him and just seems stuck in limbo until he gets back.

Maybe time for a Gunns push in the tag division. They are really bloody good. Austin Gunn in particular. 

I totally agree with you here. One thing that stood out to me - maybe not in the moment, but on rewatch - with the multi-tag team confrontation at All In was that although the division is stacked, all of the main tag teams in it are on the older side. There's a reality in which The Acclaimed and The Gunns were part of that moment and in a way, it's a shame that we're not in it. 

AEW is great at pushing younger wrestlers in singles competition, but I'd love to see them put some energy into finding and pushing the next generation of main event tag teams over the next year. I'd be absolutely delighted if they ended up resigning The Acclaimed on big money deals, it's really sad to think we may never see them team together again. 

  • Awards Moderator
Posted
1 hour ago, The King of Old School said:

I presume we're not going to get United Empire vs Death Riders at Blood and Guts now?

I just don't see how people boo the Death Riders going forward after this past week.

Be interesting to see what they rush through for that.

DCF maybe? A kind of “only in it for the money” vs “for the love of the sport” kind of story?

Posted
21 hours ago, RedTwoster said:

Firstly, Collision was fun, and the card for Grand Slam France is ridiculous - Ospreay vs Okada on free TV? Darby vs Kyle Fletcher? Bandido vs Kofi? Mercedes vs Aminata? Joe vs Jack Perry? It’s making me wish I was French!

Looks great on paper, although very predictable results wise I feel.

41 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

DCF maybe? A kind of “only in it for the money” vs “for the love of the sport” kind of story?

Yeah maybe, wonder if Ospreay/Okada could kick that off on Tuesday? 

  • Paid Members
Posted
5 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

DCF maybe? A kind of “only in it for the money” vs “for the love of the sport” kind of story?

A DCF Blood & Guts would be a piece of piss to book and you could do it quickly too. Half the roster hate them. But you could throw together a team of Ospreay, Omega, Andrade, Takeshita, Jericho, Darby, Speedball, Young Bucks, Jungle Boy just to name some of them....any of them have reason to want to beat up the Don Callis Family.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...