Members SuperBacon Posted December 13, 2025 Members Posted December 13, 2025 3 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said: Walter Who? Quote
DavidB6937 Posted December 13, 2025 Posted December 13, 2025 20 minutes ago, SuperBacon said: Who? Walter! He's wrestling the Prototype tonight. Quote
Paid Members Kamran Posted December 13, 2025 Author Paid Members Posted December 13, 2025 (edited) The countdown show is on: Main show (from 1am): Edited December 13, 2025 by Kamran Quote
Chili Posted December 14, 2025 Posted December 14, 2025 (edited) Gave the Cena match a look as I love a retirement match. It was broadly fine, not seen Gunther in so long and in a vacuum I enjoyed it. The production is so jarring though. It didn't feel real to feel the level of emotion some of his co-workers were clearly going through. Everything feels and looks so intricately plotted out that it didn't feel naturally emotional. Didn't help that Cena was doing that silly salute stuff. Biggest stolen valor since Sgt. Slaughter or Armin Tamzarian is Johnny. Anyway, it ended with people who spent too much for tickets telling Triple H to fuck off... It's the little victories. Edited December 14, 2025 by Chili Quote
NeverYield Posted December 14, 2025 Posted December 14, 2025 Triple H got some serious stick out there I personally would have preferred Cena to pass out rather than tap, I know its very likely John had a massive say in how he went out, and obviously have no issue with him losing as thats just what happens, but I wasn't a fan of him tapping. Overall not a bad show, I really like Oba Femi, and I still cant get over that AJ Styles botch Anyway, thank you John Cena for being a huge part of my childhood and for a great career Quote
Chili Posted December 14, 2025 Posted December 14, 2025 If it was Cena's choice to tap, then yeah, an actual robot with no conceptual understanding. 'Never Give Up', except in your very 'last' match. Passing out would have been absolutely acceptable and made more story sense. Maybe they didn't upgrade his factory settings. Quote
MVP RULZ Posted December 14, 2025 Posted December 14, 2025 Thank you Cena Losing is the right way as is tradition but I agree maybe passing out would have been a fitting way to go out on but if that's what John wanted than who we are we to say it's wrong. The biggest question is whether Gunther was ultimately the right person to retire him but time will tell I guess on that front and whether it actually matters at all in a years time Quote
Chili Posted December 14, 2025 Posted December 14, 2025 6 minutes ago, MVP RULZ said: Thank you Cena Losing is the right way as is tradition but I agree maybe passing out would have been a fitting way to go out on but if that's what John wanted than who we are we to say it's wrong. The biggest question is whether Gunther was ultimately the right person to retire him but time will tell I guess on that front and whether it actually matters at all in a years time I'd say we would be right to say it's wrong and that somebody should have said no to the suggestion, if it was his and explain this big hero valiantly passing out instead of tapping out and quitting with a weird smile on his face leaves a strange optic for the viewer. I'd also use big weird vague sentences so Cena would be on board with it. Quote
Paid Members DEF Posted December 14, 2025 Paid Members Posted December 14, 2025 Loved the finish myself because it works two fold. In theory the crowd will boo Gunther more and most importantly it means hopefully every time Uncle Paul decides to present himself as the centre of the universe he'll get boo'd out of the building. They couldn't help put over Vince again could they ffs!?! Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted December 14, 2025 Paid Members Posted December 14, 2025 (edited) Watch this show for the genuinely lovely moment when my boy Kevin Owens turned up in the front row for a hug from Cena, getting a huge pop. Bonus points that Kevin was sat next to Elias. I like to think he was furiously telling everyone around him that it was actually Ezekiel. Stay for Triple H getting hilariously shat on. Not only showered with, “you fucked up!” and, “fuck Triple H!” chants, but receiving a chorus of boos when his talking head appeared in the tribute video complimenting John’s dedication to Make-a-wish! Incredible. Boom’s over. We’re back in Hijack City. It felt like the wrong finish. Sting’s changed the game. Proved that, “tradition,” is bollocks. Would have been the perfect send off for the Cena character. After all these years he finally had everyone on board. Decades of split reactions and we finally had 19,000 chanting, “Super Cena!,” and, “don’t give up!” Would have been lovely if he’d just won clean. Cena was Cena. Went out how I’ll always remember him. A big, goofy, endearing dope, screaming spots at the top of his lungs, hammy as fuck, fun to watch as a character, but a weirdo android underneath the human tissue. The way they kept the camera on him during the tribute video, desperate to get any type of emotion out of him. Not a chance, lads. Tear circuits would not switch on. A stony-faced salute, followed by, “it’s been a pleasure to serve you all these years.” I expected nothing less. Might as well have said, “I have been compromised to a permanent end.” Hasta la vista, you fucking robot! Edited December 14, 2025 by Supremo Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted December 14, 2025 Paid Members Posted December 14, 2025 The only time Cena showed some emotion was when the clip of when his abuser Vince popped up on the screen. Triple H being booed was great. You could hear one guy call him scum when he was hugging Cena. Match was fine. Could hear Cena calling spots as per. Had the majority of the show on mute. Who’s the big lady with Sol Ruca? Also, Joe Hendry has his own wave now? He just needs a shirt that says Damn. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted December 14, 2025 Paid Members Posted December 14, 2025 I knew what was going to happen as soon as Michael Cole said during the build up Cena had never tapped out in his career (I need someone to check that because that feels unlikely). Fist 3 matches would have been fine had Drew not interfered. Hilarious that even on a show like this they screwed over Oba. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted December 14, 2025 Paid Members Posted December 14, 2025 1 minute ago, Hannibal Scorch said: said during the build up Cena had never tapped out in his career (I need someone to check that because that feels unlikely). He said he hasn’t tapped out in 20 years. I’m sure he tapped to Angle. And Benoit. Which is probably why they didn’t run through any names. Quote
OzExile Posted December 14, 2025 Posted December 14, 2025 I was emotional watching the whole show, except for the tribute from the Rock. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted December 14, 2025 Paid Members Posted December 14, 2025 (edited) Triple H on the post-show is a fun watch. In the same way Cena can't ever be a normal human, Hunter can't ever be anything but a smug prick. Talking about how he and Cena know, "what's right for the business," and people, "don't understand in the moment." Man's spent two years telling everyone how the sausage is made to get over that he's a genius, but the moment the tide turns he suddenly pulls the shutters down. None of you know anything! I know best! My sausages are delicious! He even said the immortal words, "time honoured tradition." Somewhere, Julie Hart was smiling. What goes around comes around, Hunter. It was quite fitting that the big negative reaction came on this show, with my boy in the front row. Hunter was always a smug prick. God was always going to strike him down eventually. But when did it nosedive? At exactly what point did it all turn to shit? When the WWE Winged Eagle Champion of the World was forced to leave due to injury! I'm not telling you anything you don't already know. Edited December 14, 2025 by Supremo Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.