Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

 

The last time is here. John Cena's final match in WWE...

image.thumb.png.274f93a66367d8c85213415c983ca458.png

MATCHES

  • John Cena vs. Gunther
  • Cody Rhodes vs. Oba Femi
  • Bayley vs. Sol Ruca
  • AJ Styles and Dragon Lee vs. Je'Von Evans and Leon Slater    

HOW TO WATCH?

This will air on Saturday, 13th December, around midnight; it will still air live on YouTube as far as I'm aware.

JOHN CENA HIGHLIGHTS

Here are a few, got any more? Share below

 

 

 

Edited by Kamran
Posted

From reading the topics here, people actually seem to be buying this as Cenas last run and last ever matches. How, in 2025, when not a single retirement in wrestling has ever been stuck too, are people buying that this is the legit end, and that he just won't be back for a Saudi show in one or two years time? Seems crazy looking at it from the outside. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

I think most of the members here have been watching wrestling long enough to know when someone said they won't wrestle again (outside of injuries) that it's fairly likely we'll see them back in the ring at some point in the future :)

Cena seems to be doing well in Hollywood and enjoying that so I'd be surprised if he would return anytime soon but a few years down the line, someone calling him out for a match at Mania etc, wouldn't be a shock.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Cody vs. Ricky Saints is a cool idea. Seems like they’re best mates in real life, and it’s a nice callback to Cody being Ricky’s first match in AEW. You assume Cody will do everything he can to make a star out of him. He won’t be able to do as good a job as Bryan Danielson of course, but still.

Gunther’s a good choice for Cena’s last opponent, but man. Watching that video package on Raw of the history of Cena and CM Punk really hammered home what a waste that Summer Saudi Shitshow was. Imagine that match now, under these circumstances. Cena back babyface and back in his PWG form. All the sentimentality. And without the dark cloud of hypocrisy and humiliation. Could’ve been perfect.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Cena vs Gunther would ordinarily be a great way to re-establish Gunther as a serious and regular main eventer for the years to come… if they hadn’t done fuck all with him since SummerSlam. Jesus Christ, it’s gone down the shitter hasn’t it?

Posted

I was going to stay up but if he's going on last (which seems to be the case now) then I'll just watch it when I get up.

Best SNME line up for a while. Hope all the NXT lot get to shine. And the main event could go either way to be honest.

Posted

This might warrant a thread....but Cena is joining a very elite club of those who have only ever worked for WWE for a "full" career, and then retired out of choice rather than neccisity and (if he does) stuck to it.

First name that came to my mind was Batista, the only other big name I can think of is HBK, but we all know how that ended up. 

Who am I missing? 

Posted
10 minutes ago, thatvinylgeek said:

This might warrant a thread....but Cena is joining a very elite club of those who have only ever worked for WWE for a "full" career, and then retired out of choice rather than neccisity and (if he does) stuck to it.

First name that came to my mind was Batista, the only other big name I can think of is HBK, but we all know how that ended up. 

Who am I missing? 

 

Shawn wrestled in other territories for a few years pre WWF. WCCW, AWA etc. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

I don’t think he’ll wrestle again. Like Batista, he’s doing well with his film and TV work. His role as Peacemaker alone has the potential to keep him very busy. I wish I cared more about his final match, though. There’s something very uninspiring about Gunther as a character, as talented as he is and I’d have preferred to have seen someone more exciting finish Cena’s career - CM Punk, Dominik Mysterio, Cody or even Oba Femi. 

But hey, maybe this’ll go some way towards making Gunther feel significant and interesting. We’ll see what they have planned, I guess.

  • Paid Members
Posted
On 12/6/2025 at 3:41 PM, Supremo said:

Cody vs. Ricky Saints is a cool idea. Seems like they’re best mates in real life, and it’s a nice callback to Cody being Ricky’s first match in AEW. You assume Cody will do everything he can to make a star out of him.

Screw me, I guess. Odds are still on that Chris Jericho will make it to WWE main roster before Ricky Starks!

Reports that WWE have some surprises planned. Fully expecting it to just be The Miz gate-crashing his big goodbye, getting hit by a hunch of finishers.

What’s Bull Buchanan up to? The Doctor of Thuganomics would have been nothing without B-Squared!

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Screw me, I guess. Odds are still on that Chris Jericho will make it to WWE main roster before Ricky Starks!

Reports that WWE have some surprises planned. Fully expecting it to just be The Miz gate-crashing his big goodbye, getting hit by a hunch of finishers.

What’s Bull Buchanan up to? The Doctor of Thuganomics would have been nothing without B-Squared!

Steady on Columbo.

Im sure Cena probably will wrestle again at some point, especially if the deal with the Saudis continues past its current deal, but he’ll be putting his acting career ahead of any wrestling from here on out, so for all intents & purposes this is a retirement and you can see why they’ve promoted it as such. Of course wrestling retirements are much “farewell tours” in music. He’ll come back as a special attraction if the money is right

Edited by WyattSheepMask
Posted
3 hours ago, thatvinylgeek said:

This might warrant a thread....but Cena is joining a very elite club of those who have only ever worked for WWE for a "full" career, and then retired out of choice rather than neccisity and (if he does) stuck to it.

First name that came to my mind was Batista, the only other big name I can think of is HBK, but we all know how that ended up. 

Who am I missing? 

So you're only counting once leaving WWE/retiring, they never wrestled anywhere else?

Cos, Cena did wrestle on the indies for a very short time before going to OVW.

Posted

Maybe I'm stupid and naive but I really believe this is absolutely his last match tonight. I don't believe he is such a egomaniac and narsasist he would have a full year about him and having all the attention and spots go on huge chat shows and say it's the last ever match and however long after come back and wrestle again I know it's wrestling but this really feels authentic and legit.

 

 

Cut too X years and this comment gets highlighted on here (cross everything this doesn't happen lol)

But I'm actually looking forward to this with it being against someone like Walter who cannot have bad matches I really believe Cena is going to go all out for it and throw everything at it as a thank you for everyone watching and cares about it again praying I'm not wrong but I feel it's how it's going.

 

Not long to see the last time is now 🫡🫡

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...