DavidB6937 Posted January 12, 2025 Posted January 12, 2025 Sorry I did try to find an existing topic but failed, so feel free to point me in the right direction if there is one. https://uk.topps.com/pages/wwe-chrome Saw the new Topps cards are up for pre order next week and was thinking I might start collecting again with this series. Been a while since I have but always loved them when I was younger. Anyone else collect anything? Cards. Autographs. Other merch? I've had various over the years but sadly got rid of most due to space issues. Give me all your collection photos and make me jealous. Quote
The Reverend Posted January 13, 2025 Posted January 13, 2025 Books and magazines mainly - although they're mostly in storage so photos will have to wait. I have about 4,000 magazines and around 500 books. One day I'll have the space to display them!! Quote
theringmaster Posted January 13, 2025 Posted January 13, 2025 The Wrestling trading card scene is actually really active, there are a few podcasts and lots of twitter pages (check out #wrestlingcardwednesday ). I collect a little (mostly rookie cards), its a great hobby that is really interesting, there's a brilliant Netflix show about a company that's buys and sells collectables (wrestling gets mentioned a few times). It's a hobby you can easily sink some serious money into but also if you're patience you can get some bargains, its about browsing ebay and just being lucky (I grabbed a Steve Austin rookie in a job lot for £20 for example under 'bunch of wrestling cards', his rookie is worth approx £50-80 depending on condition). When Panini got the license alot of people were really sad because Topps had been so good so i think it's great they got it back, I'll probably be collection again. Quote
NeverYield Posted January 13, 2025 Posted January 13, 2025 I still buy plenty of books, and the trading cards are doing pretty well, the Panini Prizm cards look much nicer than the new Topps cards coming out next week IMHO but I have a feeling the Topps cards will grow on me, and the Topps cards used to be the bollocks, so after not being involved for years it's good they are again. Trading cards are doing pretty well in general, and I don't use it personally but a friend of mine who's big into all sorts of trading cards and uses the streaming app Whatnot, he buys all sorts and says that there is streamers on there solely dedicated to wrestling cards Quote
TibBo Posted January 13, 2025 Posted January 13, 2025 I’ve got tons of cards from the early 90s still. Can’t imagine they are worth anything. Still got all the wwf/wcw videos as they are just rammed in a cupboard at parents house. All the old wwf hasbro/wcw galoob figures. All the wwf/wcw wrestling buddies… I kept everything from when I was a kid, so most of them are in pretty decent condition Quote
Paid Members BigJag Posted January 14, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 14, 2025 I've got loads of these. No idea of their value. Plus magazines, VHS, Hasbro figures including some very cool customs. Quote
NeverYield Posted January 14, 2025 Posted January 14, 2025 You'll be surprised what some wrestling trading cards sell for Especially if they have been sent off and graded by PSA and recieved a 9 or a 10 A 2023 Panini Prizm Undertaker on a PSA 10 sold today on eBay for £760 If you type in certain wrestlers you'll often be shocked what some cards actually sell for . Quote
Merzbow Posted January 14, 2025 Posted January 14, 2025 Is there a good non-eBay place to buy old cards? I wouldn't mind getting a few of those mid-90's BBM ones, especially of FMW and deathmatch guys. Quote
Paid Members Arch Stanton Posted January 14, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 14, 2025 Some of you may be familiar with Jeremy Padawer. He's one of the head honchos at Jazwares, who produce the AEW action figures, and he was previously at Jakks Pacific, where he was instrumental in kicking off the wrestling figure collector boom with creation of the Classic Superstars line. Hugely influential in the collectables world, he's a millionaire with an enormously valuable collection of wrestling figures and especially trading cards. Or at he least he did have. He Tweeted earlier this week to say that his entire collection had been destroyed in the California wildfires. Insurance should cover his losses, but fucking hell, just imagine how gutting it must be. Items lost forever, in many cases impossible to ever replace. Some of his older Tweets show the level of collectables he had in his collection... Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted January 14, 2025 Awards Moderator Posted January 14, 2025 I haven’t heard of him, but to collect so much, of such value and unique status, and to lose it all… it’s good that he, family (and pets) are safe, but still, absolutely gutted for him. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted January 14, 2025 Author Posted January 14, 2025 Oh man that's horrible. I'd be absolutely devastated. Obviously people are more important but he was clearly incredibly passionate and dedicated so much of his life to stuff like that. Awful news for him. Quote
NeverYield Posted January 14, 2025 Posted January 14, 2025 (edited) 2 hours ago, Merzbow said: Is there a good non-eBay place to buy old cards? I wouldn't mind getting a few of those mid-90's BBM ones, especially of FMW and deathmatch guys. Your best bet besides eBay would be any card shops you'd be willing to travel too? These can be few and far between sports/wrestling wise but there has been shops that are primarily for Pokemon and stuff that have had some good pick ups over the years, as I mentioned in the first post a lot of people, including a few of my mates use Whatnot, I don't use it but lots of people enjoy it, and I'm sure they'll do vintage stuff on there, although mainly the WWE stuff. A quick search reveals loads of BBM cards on eBay but can't find much elsewhere but you never know what's out there in trading card/comic shop Does anyone remember the actual trading card came WWE brought out? 'WWF RAW Deal' it was called, someone's got a load of unopened booster packs and starter decks and I've been very tempted to pull the trigger on them, they're not worth much but the nostalgia of them is big. Yeah Jeremy has lost a lifetime of collecting there, some proper grails aswell. Edited January 14, 2025 by NeverYield Quote
Paid Members DEF Posted January 14, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 14, 2025 Trading cards are so expensive these days typically people collect specific wrestlers rather than full sets etc. There was a set released last week by Panini that cost 2 grand a box. I follow a bunch of people on WhatNOT and essentially most breaks they sell off spots at auction for each wrestler that COULD be in a box before they open it. So say I collect Rey Mysterio, I buy his spot for X. Then they sell off the the other wrestlers spots until there's none left and then they open every pack in a box or a case and you get get any card that is pulled with the wrestler you have bought IF they are pulled. It's essentially gambling and can get out of hand pretty quick if you don't know when to draw the line but it's pretty good fun. It's a bit like burning money if you don't hit though so I'd rather by my own blaster box of AEW cards so I know I'm getting something for my money. I got a Rey Mysterio Downtown Card from a rip a few weeks back. It's a case hit. Sold it a couple of days ago for £170 and a 1 of 10 Rhea Ripley which I currently have up on eBay for £400 so you can win big on WhatNOT rips. For super high end expensive card sets it's the only way a lot of people can participate. Quote
Dr. Alan Grant Posted January 15, 2025 Posted January 15, 2025 1 hour ago, DEF said: I got a Rey Mysterio Downtown Card from a rip a few weeks back. I initially read this as Downton, so I did this. Upon realising that it said Downtown, I could have abandoned the whole thing. Nope. Too late. It’s done. Quote
The Reverend Posted January 15, 2025 Posted January 15, 2025 11 hours ago, DEF said: Trading cards are so expensive these days typically people collect specific wrestlers rather than full sets etc. There was a set released last week by Panini that cost 2 grand a box. I follow a bunch of people on WhatNOT and essentially most breaks they sell off spots at auction for each wrestler that COULD be in a box before they open it. So say I collect Rey Mysterio, I buy his spot for X. Then they sell off the the other wrestlers spots until there's none left and then they open every pack in a box or a case and you get get any card that is pulled with the wrestler you have bought IF they are pulled. It's essentially gambling and can get out of hand pretty quick if you don't know when to draw the line but it's pretty good fun. It's a bit like burning money if you don't hit though so I'd rather by my own blaster box of AEW cards so I know I'm getting something for my money. I got a Rey Mysterio Downtown Card from a rip a few weeks back. It's a case hit. Sold it a couple of days ago for £170 and a 1 of 10 Rhea Ripley which I currently have up on eBay for £400 so you can win big on WhatNOT rips. For super high end expensive card sets it's the only way a lot of people can participate. Bugger me - it's a lot more complicated than the old 'Got, Got, Need - 2 regulars for a shiny' that I remember from the school playground. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.