Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted
5 hours ago, theironshake said:

So since my last post I managed to get the balls and send her the CCTV of her snogging the man outside my business. She is now taking action for a data breach and I could lose my alcohol licence and be massively fined. Seriously she cheats I catch her and I could get done for it. I'm glad I got rid of her but on top of everything I find she is a massive arsehole. And possibly a narcissist 

Honestly dude, I'd suggest stepping away and moving on as fast and thoroughly as possible. If you're glad to be rid, that's only a good thing. But there isn't going to be a win here by trying to push her on anything. Concentrate on protecting yourself.

You'll want to take better advice than a message forum for this, because it's a legal matter but if you think she's serious about taking action, I'd strongly suggest getting ahead of it - talk to whoever you need to in order to fess up about using the footage, and talk about losing a close friend, your father being ill, and everything you're dealing with.  Talk to UNITE or whatever union you're in. It's a big area, unfortunately, and it sounds like you did screw up, as understandable as that is - whatever it is, figure out what protecting yourself looks like at the moment.

Posted

I'm very much a "well this shit happens every day not just on these days!" kinda guy, but just some reminders on World Suicide Prevention Day.

Please always reach out to someone somewhere. Even if it's Samaritans. You never have to be alone.

 

 

  • 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Dad's funeral was yesterday. It's been an absolute rollercoaster of emotions. Laughter, heartbreak and everything in-between. What really moved me was how all his friends, most of whom I haven't seen since I was a kid, rallied round and looked after me and my sisters. So much love and support. A true testament to how much my dad was loved and how he chose his friends. I knew his funeral wouldn't be conventional, he never was. He came to the church on the back of his old American pickup truck, playing New Orleans jazz funeral music. With his beloved dog Oreo accompanying him. In my eulogy I mentioned Dude Love, The Sopranos, Iron Maiden and the Wu Tang Clan. No hymns during the service, just Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, David Lee Roth, Frank Zappa and Tom Waits. 

He was buried with a can of coke, a toblerone, his personalised number plate, a monster in my pocket from me and the collars of his three dogs who died before him. 

Him and his best friend had a deal. Whoever went first, the other had to put a certain death announcement in the paper. And his best friend didn't let him down. I know dad would be laughing at this and thankful his best mate stuck to his word. 

20261007_213912

I love you dad. You were the best of me. I'll see you down the road.

 

Edited by lars85

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...