EURO 2024

Weezenal

• Paid Members

If Wharton actually plays the Rovers will get some money due to a clause in his contract. It won't get used on players as the owners owe it to themselves to repay a loan they took out using the club as collateral and they're definitely not laundering money, but it was enough to get some people excited about it. 

Score flattered Scotland. I think that's one of the worst performances I've ever seen and I don't think I'm exaggerating. Neither Ralston or Robertson are wing backs, they need someone in front. 4 centre MIDs is just weird 

Edited by westlondonmist

• Paid Members

Hungary were dismal against Switzerland this afternoon. Their goals were well taken. That third one was ridiculous. That they find themselves needing a result against Germany is the worst possible scenario. A point would have been all the difference, and when they got that one back I thought there might have been a chance as they had a few decent moments in the second half. My mate and I can see the Hungary Scotland game next Sunday being the battle to not finish bottom of the group, unfortunately. 

6 hours ago, Jazzy G said:

Hungary were dismal against Switzerland this afternoon. Their goals were well taken. That third one was ridiculous. That they find themselves needing a result against Germany is the worst possible scenario. A point would have been all the difference, and when they got that one back I thought there might have been a chance as they had a few decent moments in the second half. My mate and I can see the Hungary Scotland game next Sunday being the battle to not finish bottom of the group, unfortunately. 

3 points can still get you through. So lose 1 nil to Germany and then beat Scotland and you could be through.

26 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

3rd places going through is absolutely shit and always will be.

Italy got to the World cup final doing it, Portugal got won the euros doing it. So some good teams get through. It will be incredibly shit though when in 2026 we have a 48 team world cup.

• Members

I dunno, I thought that was a brutally physical game to be honest, and Serbia were a confident team the second half.

So I'm not sure that's the dreadful performance some are saying, but there should've been a lot more control from England.

Bellingham will rightly get the plaudits, but I thought Rice was outstanding. Foden was incredibly poor though and might not start the next game on that showing. 

Punditry absolutely shit as always.