EURO 2024

Weezenal

• Awards Moderator
17 hours ago, Weezenal said:

It’s only a couple of weeks away so here we are. It’s coming home etc 

If anyone sees a wall chart for the Euros can you let me know? I’m trying to trick my girl into showing some interest. 

There’s a good digital one here on Etsy if you don’t mind printing it off yourself.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

The Hall of Fame for "Stickers Produced Before The Squad Was Announced" is proud to announce Kalvin Phillips as their latest inductee ;

image.thumb.png.f752ebd598b1b93b4008ce9cecc1e8b8.png

Not pictured - Jermain Defoe, 2006. For me, the grief is still too near.

OK, so Gerrard was announced before his injury. But... well, you know.

Edited by air_raid
Winter's city side, crystal bits of snowflakes, all around my head and in the wind

• Paid Members

Is there not an Adam Wharton sticker? 

I have actually ordered a Hungary themed t-shirt this time. 

1 hour ago, air_raid said:

The Hall of Fame for "Stickers Produced Before The Squad Was Announced" is proud to announce Kalvin Phillips

At the risk of being the most pedantic person on here, that Kalvin Phillips one isn't "officially" a Euro 2024 sticker. It's a Panini one for the England players (male and female) designed to make kids want to eat the same food as the players as long as it comes from Marks and Sparks. (It's still obviously timed to cash in on the Euros but Panini don't have the license).

The proper Topps set hasn't got Phillips in but it has got Luke Thomas, Fikaro Tomori, Rico Lewis, Jordan Henderson, Mason Mount and Callum Wilson in it so could pretty much fill the hall of fame on their own!

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, s279 said:

At the risk of being the most pedantic person on here, that Kalvin Phillips one isn't "officially" a Euro 2024 sticker. It's a Panini one for the England players (male and female) designed to make kids want to eat the same food as the players as long as it comes from Marks and Sparks. (It's still obviously timed to cash in on the Euros but Panini don't have the license).

Well, I considered "stickers, promotional materials and tie ins etc" but couldn't be bothered. Adding "official or otherwise conveniently timed to coincide with major tournaments" would have been ever wordier.

Don't worry about "most pedantic" - I usually have that one in the bag.

Real fun - I once had a huge Euro 92 wallchart that a mag gave away that still had Yugoslavia instead of Denmark. Being a child, instead of keeping it as a collectors item, I defaced it with felt tip so it said Denmark instead. Or to be more accurate, "DENMARK!"

Edited by air_raid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_F18590ZUxk

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, air_raid said:

The Hall of Fame for "Stickers Produced Before The Squad Was Announced" is proud to announce Kalvin Phillips as their latest inductee ;

image.thumb.png.f752ebd598b1b93b4008ce9cecc1e8b8.png

Not pictured - Jermain Defoe, 2006. For me, the grief is still too near.

OK, so Gerrard was announced before his injury. But... well, you know.

Could be worse, Wales are in the sticker book and they didn't even qualify.

• Members
10 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Eze over Grealish is bold though.

Is it? Ones had an outstanding season and the others struggled.

I'd have taken them both, and Maddison, but then again if I was a manager, I'd pick all attackers and no defenders. 

• Paid Members

Southgate gets credit a couple of weeks ago for dropping Hendo in that he's 'picking to form' but then stands by Maguire, then he 180s on both for the tournament proper.

• Paid Members

I think it's odd not picking Branthwaite, and I would've dropped Toney as I don't think him, Watkins and Kane are needed, and he's had the worst season of the three, but nevermind. 

I'm beginning to get the fever. 

• Paid Members

Still smirking at Grealish every time I walk past the “definitely not an official Euros tie in” Nectar card stuff in Sainsbury’s at the moment. That’s him and Philips both cursed by top-of-the-middle places to buy your pretzels. Doubt there’s a correlation.

I expect to see Dunk and Wharton printed on the side of Noble’s pear bag down the market soon.