3 hours ago, BigJag said:

The Healthcare hustings scheduled for Islington North have been cancelled. Largely due to Labour refusing to attend. The private healthcare executive that will be standing for Labour. Looks to lack much of a backbone.

Interesting, the Labour candidate running in my area also refused to attend hustings - she was in the area (she actually lives over 100 miles away) but decided her time was better spent door knocking.

• Paid Members

According to one of the things I follow in Twitter it's even worse for them. 

• Paid Members

I have a few mates at Catterick Garrison, they're all pissed off about the D-Day snub and the normal pressure of senior officers and the MOD as a whole to vote Tory has absolutely vanished.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

As a department of government, isn't this illegal?

I always had the feeling that it's an unwritten rule that the forces tend to vote for whoever is in power at the time? I could be very wrong.

As always, the best way to decide how to vote is what their favourite biscuit is, so I had a look at my local lot finally.

Sean, Reform

spacer.png

A man who tells us that "My education was in Hampshire and I spent my early career at sea" (they should've stopped that boat) goes for a custard cream, which is about as BRITISH as you can get isn't it?

Kevin, Independent 

spacer.png

He's gone for chocolate digestives and also added an 😆 emoji showing he understands biscuit banter.

Chris, Independent 

spacer.png

This absolute lad has gone for cookies and also looks a bit like a wrestler from the 70s so he's getting my vote.

The rest declined to answer which is pathetic. This really should be the only policy that matters. 

Forget PR, maybe we should have the "Ralphy referendum"

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Today's news: the head of campaigning for the Tories is taking a leave of absence because his wife (a candidate in Bristol) is under investigation by the Gambling Commission for suspicious betting on the election date. Meanwhile Bloomberg is reporting that the Conservatives are pulling resources out of seats where they have a majority of up to 10,000 and telling the candidates to effectively give up and go and campaign in what were originally assumed to be very safe seats. One of the seats getting extra resources is Rishi Sunak's.

Update: the head of campaigning is also under investigation.

Edited by JNLister