Your 5 (or as many as you like really) policies

SuperBacon

• SuperBacon changed the title to Your 5 (or as many as you like really) policies
  • Paid Members
22 minutes ago, Just Some Guy said:

4. Katy Wix, Tracey Ann Oberman or Susan Wokoma to be on TV at all times.

I'm for an anything that distracts her from being a zionist shithead.

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

2) children are allowed up to two weeks of holiday during term times. Parents are getting robbed blind on holiday prices during school holidays.

100% disagree on this. You've chosen to have kids, as part of that you've accepted that there will be extra costs involved, so why should your child's education suffer because you want a cheaper holiday. Also when did it become a right that kids should go on holiday all the time. Up until I was 16 we went on 2 proper holidays as a family. We went on day trips and we went and stayed with family but we very rarely went on a paid for holiday. 

I say all this as someone who hasn't got kids but I've generally as an adult had to go on holiday during term time anyway due to working around the school year. 

If you want to be mad at someone it's the people charging the prices that are the problem, and if you made it so that they couldn't charge more during holidays they would increase the prices the rest of the year to compensate. 

• Moderators
15 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I'm for an anything that distracts her from being a zionist shithead.

Just looked this up and it's actually pretty funny. I mean, not her vile views, but the fact that getting frivolously litigious and defamatory has only cost her money every time. Steady taking Ls.

18 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Also when did it become a right that kids should go on holiday all the time. Up until I was 16 we went on 2 proper holidays as a family. We went on day trips and we went and stayed with family but we very rarely went on a paid for holiday. 

This is the most "boomer" comment we've had in a while 

"We had a week in Southend in a tent on nothing but sand sandwiches and it didn't do us any harm" 😆

I was very much in the lack of holidays club when I was younger. As a parent of 3 now I try to do all I can to give them what I didn't have as a kid. Not that my childhood was bad but if I get the opportunity to do more for them then I want to. As long as it's all within peoples means I think it's fine whatever you do.

But yeah, the companies hiking prices up are dicks.

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

You've chosen to have kids, as part of that you've accepted that there will be extra costs involved, so why should your child's education suffer because you want a cheaper holiday.

Bloody hell mate, it's only 2 weeks I'm pretty sure they can catch up without it permanently destroying their education.

• Moderators

I think there should be a few days flexibility on either side of school holidays for convenience but missing whole weeks of school will mess things up and make shit harder for teachers who kinda have enough on their plates quite frankly.

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Bloody hell mate, it's only 2 weeks I'm pretty sure they can catch up without it permanently destroying their education.

Fair enough. One question. Do teachers who have kids get two weeks off in term time to take their kids on holiday? 

20 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

This is the most "boomer" comment we've had in a while 

"We had a week in Southend in a tent on nothing but sand sandwiches and it didn't do us any harm" 😆

I've never slept in a tent in my life, and hopefully never will. It's nothing to do with the "It was better in my day" bollocks that pervades people of a certain age. I don't hearken back to the good old days, I like WiFi and online delivery, but two weeks holiday isn't a automatic right. If you think it is you a probably a Tory. 

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Fair enough. One question. Do teachers who have kids get two weeks off in term time to take their kids on holiday? 

Yes.

Edited by LaGoosh

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

I've never slept in a tent in my life, and hopefully never will. It's nothing to do with the "It was better in my day" bollocks that pervades people of a certain age. I don't hearken back to the good old days, I like WiFi and online delivery, but two weeks holiday isn't a automatic right. If you think it is you a probably a Tory. 

Mate I was only joking :)

edit: @LaGoosh Do they? I never knew that.

Edited by SuperBacon
WOP WOP WOP WOP WOP KDOT FUCK HIM UP

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Yes.

OK it's not just the weeks your kids miss. It's the weeks when the teachers who teach your kids are off. Plus there is a massive shortage of teachers, so who is filling those lessons? How does the school budget for having to pay supply teachers to fill those gaps when school budgets are already stretched beyond their limits anyway? It's unworkable and costly beyond belief.