It's Wrestlemania Season

d-d-d-dAz

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, TheScarlettChad said:

Cody being booed is concerning though. 

I don't know that it's concerning necessarily, it's just a bit disappointing and it absolutely didn't have to be this way.

But, that ship has sailed.

Ultimately, it's The Rock in front of a Wrestlemania audience. Wrestlemania audiences are the most like the bad old days audiences because tickets cost so much and you likely have to travel and get accommodation, so it brings out the 35-45 year olds with surplus income again as opposed to the casual families.

And, to that audience more than any, Rock will have been their absolute icon growing up. Some of their formative wrestling memories will feature The Rock. He was their guy. The minute they pivoted this was inevitable.

Even in front of a casual audience you'd probably get some Rock fans booing Cody... at the end of the day it's The fucking Rock.

I haven't seen enough yet, though, to say the boos stick around after The Rock is gone. 

They should have had him in the flares from the start. No one would be cheering him.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

22 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Genuinely the first fully negative review I've read (I guess it's a review), would love to hear more.

I hate to use THAT cliché, but if there was nothing for you in Sami/Gunther or the Main Event, 2024 WWE might just not be for you.

Simply put, thought it would be a much better night and I agree with another poster who didn't really like the aesthetics of the show. 

Don't think saying night 1 was a bit pants is scalding the night, just that it was certainly lacklustre. Yeah Sami/Gunther was a good match, and the main was enjoyable but I'm still hoping for a better night 2. Just didn't really hit for me last night.

As if I haven’t watched enough wrestling this week, I’m now checking out the Slammys. It’s an absolute car crash of technical problems, awkward pauses and Big E drowning in sweat. There is copious amounts of Cathy Kelley however, for certain individuals on here. 

How long are we giving it until people crawl out the woodwork and complain about Cody’s crowning later being “overbooked”, and how “it should have been 1v1, and it not being so has detracted from the moment”?

How long until the fans are saying he’s not the A+ player and his title reign has grown stale? I give it until 4.05am Monday morning.

Personally, I cannot wait and hope it’s every bit as overbooked as we expect, hoping for some surprises, some big pops, and the happy ending many of us are hoping for.

Main Event of Night 1 was great, and The Rock still has it. What a guy.

4 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Nah. Nothing could do that for me. Unless she came out with the Chili Peppers obviously. 

She could be Ed Sheeran's number one fan, but I'd still.... Err, actually I won't finish that sentence, but you get the idea.

There were some boos for Cody last year too. There are always boos for Roman’s opponents as there’s a certain element of the crowd into the whole Bloodline business - now more prevalent with the addition of The Final Boss who brings his own fans. Drew didn’t even have 100% backing in the UK.

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, FUM said:

Drew didn’t even have 100% backing in the UK.

Of course he didn't. He's a Sweaty and they were in Wales. You aren't comparing like for like. Also had he won then he'd have got cheered by the English, but like Andy Murray he reverts to been Scotch rather than British when he loses. Hence a smattering of boos.