• Paid Members

It's hardly an angle, it was 5 seconds of TV time.

The Garcia/Christian segment was absolutely perfect. Garcia has been MY BOY for ages now and it's a joy to see him given the ball and running with it. Him being able to transition the dance from comedic heel gaga to a defiant babyface taunt shows how good he is. Hope they run Garcia/Menard vs Killshot/Wayne next week.

Edited by LaGoosh

Hope for the sake of Handsome Hangman's run that it is a work. It'd make sense, too. In-the-moment sensitivities and all that but surely it makes no sense at all to actually tell the cameraman stop shooting your real pain on a show where you're pretending to be in real pain all the time. 

Also, injury angles rule! Heels wearing protection they absolutely don't need and clobbering their opponents with it will never get old. Especially when they go full Ray from Trailer Park Boys man-in-the-chair on it and act completely incapacitated other than when they're scheming. 

19 minutes ago, The Gaffer said:

Also, injury angles rule! Heels wearing protection they absolutely don't need and clobbering their opponents with it will never get old.

Maybe I'm wrong (I never am) and maybe I mean shooty-throw up an X style injury angles. Doink with a cast was obviously fun.

I dunno its been a long week.

2 hours ago, The Gaffer said:

Also, injury angles rule! Heels wearing protection they absolutely don't need and clobbering their opponents with it will never get old. Especially when they go full Ray from Trailer Park Boys man-in-the-chair on it and act completely incapacitated other than when they're scheming. 

I agree with this but they've just had Roddy Strong do it, so I hope they don't do it again so soon.

Main high points from this show was Christian finding yet another poor fatherless boy to be a role model for and the promise of MEAT MADNESS! Give me Wardlow, Hobbs, King, Miro, Cage, Big Bill and any other giant lads just lamping each other.

• Paid Members

Another very good show. 

- FTR & BCC wasn't smooth but it looked like a real fight at times and the PPV rematch should be tremendous. I'm all for this carrying on after the PPV - maybe Wheeler Yuta gets involved then Garcia can even the odds, revisiting the underrated Garcia/Wheeler feud but with the roles reversed.

- Trent isn't physically cleared to compete but OC who has been going through wars and wrestling non-stop is? More fuel to add to the inevitable Trent heel turn. Decent match with Mike Bennett, I'm slowly being won over to the Undisputed Kingdom through this OC feud.

- Ang and Ruby is one of my low-key favourite storylines at the moment. I just want the best for them.

- Christian Cage is a massive prick. What a guy. Daniel Garcia looks increasingly confident out there week on week too. Loving this feud.

- Not a great show for the Womens division, but if you will insist on booking Madison Rayne what do you expect. Her nearly breaking her neck getting the 'move of the night!!' video package was a bit harsh!

- Great Sting promo, loving all this business with Sting/Darby vs the Bucks so obviously Flair has to get involved to cast a shadow of shite over it all. 

- Okay, I'm back on the Wardlow love train. Surely his best promo since AEW started? Now all he has to do is grow his hair back and we're set. Stupid sexy Wardlow.

- Very good main event with everyone playing their parts well. Hook still isn't quite there to hang with the top lads but it'll come. I've no idea if Hangman is legitimately injured or not but I'm interested to see where it goes. 

• Paid Members

He's correct, but from the read of that this wasn't announced, it's another wrestler backstage leaking it to reporters. If we're saying they should stop leaking shit, I'm with you, but announced makes it sound like AEW shared this publicly.

• Paid Members

Two observations about the womens segment.

- There was a really great production moment where in a single shot they were focused on Toni Storm in black and white, then as Deonna came out the camera panned over and split in half so the half of the screen Toni was on was black and white but the other half was colour then as the camera followed Deonna away from Toni the screen went full colour. Just a cool little production trick that felt very fluid and dynamic. AEW's production has been much improved the past few weeks.

- Deonna should have tapped out Madison Rayne in less than 60 seconds, maybe even less than 10 seconds. That would have really cemented her as a threat to Toni and would have got rid of an utterly pointless match the fans had no reason to care about which turned out to be terrible. They could have then used the 5-7 minutes they would have saved to feature some other talents or cool shit. Really maximise those TV time minutes.

8 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Yeah, we're never happy.

I'm happy with the multiple angles the women have spread over the shows at the moment. It will never be a straight mixed balance (though it absolutely could) but you've actually got some big moves and shifts going on especially with Merc Mone on her way. We're not at the timing their segments or Tony Khan hates women guff at the moment.

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, Chili said:

I'm happy with the multiple angles the women have spread over the shows at the moment.

Me too! I prefer womens divisions to be more angle/character based than match focused anyways and there's some fun stuff going on right now. It's working for me.

Edited by LaGoosh