AEW Dynamite Thread 2024

DavidB6937

• Paid Members

This new Mox story would be pretty perfect for Daniel Garcia to get involved in and be the right vehicle to push him up the card.

Though sadly I predict we'll be seeing Garcia on NXT feuding with the likes of Ripley Bishop, Flash Harlem and Xander Klaxx before we know it.

• Paid Members

I watched the Danielson / McGuinness match and it was fine for the most part but those slaps that McGuinness was throwing were like something out of Sharmell vs Jenna Morasca.

• Paid Members

I haven't seen it yet but I saw Nigel's stuff at All In and while I'm pleased for him that he's healthy enough to work again, I thought it was pretty poor. Trying to do the same stuff at 50% speed is never a good look. All these older guys need to watch more Terry Funk before they try and come back working like they're 25 again.

I thought McGuinness/Danielson was fun for what it was, and Nigel looked decent given how long itā€™s been since he wrestled. Ultimately, if Iā€™m enjoying what Iā€™m watching, thatā€™s all I really need from a match and I enjoyed this.

I donā€™t mention it earlier, but it was great to see MVP show up - Lashley/Swerve is a fun next feud for Strickland as they move away from Hangman (for now). I know not everyone on here enjoys Lashley, but Iā€™m going to predict that heā€™ll win a lot of people over in AEW, assuming thatā€™s the direction theyā€™re taking here.

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, RedTwoster said:

I thought McGuinness/Danielson was fun for what it was, and Nigel looked decent given how long itā€™s been since he wrestled. Ultimately, if Iā€™m enjoying what Iā€™m watching, thatā€™s all I really need from a match and I enjoyed this.

I donā€™t mention it earlier, but it was great to see MVP show up - Lashley/Swerve is a fun next feud for Strickland as they move away from Hangman (for now). I know not everyone on here enjoys Lashley, but Iā€™m going to predict that heā€™ll win a lot of people over in AEW, assuming thatā€™s the direction theyā€™re taking here.

I think Lashley can be great, I just don't think he ever really had that in either WWE stint (and it seemed worse when he was under Booker H). But I am more interested in who the Hurt Syndicate will have in their ranks. Can you imagine if this is how Hobbs is brought back?!? What about another promising up and comer like Alex Kane or maybe it's how they bring in the long rumoured Michael Oku (who would absolutely benefit from having MVP talking for him). Lio Rush would be great and out of the Top Flight tailspin.Ā 

7 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

This new Mox story would be pretty perfect for Daniel Garcia to get involved in and be the right vehicle to push him up the card.

Though sadly I predict we'll be seeing Garcia on NXT feuding with the likes of Ripley Bishop, Flash Harlem and Xander Klaxx before we know it.

I was watching Action Andretti the other day doing his boring crap and looking at his face I thought 'if he got rid of that barnet and went shaved headed he'd look quite a tough bastard to join up as a lackey in Mox's crew'

There are a lot of talents I see in AEW that I can imagine in NXT and WWE, either slotting in how they are or improving, but Garcia isn't one of them. That's not to say I don't enjoy him but I feel like he's in the best place at the moment. I'd be really surprised if he felt like he'd be better over there.

15 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

There are a lot of talents I see in AEW that I can imagine in NXT and WWE, either slotting in how they are or improving, but Garcia isn't one of them. That's not to say I don't enjoy him but I feel like he's in the best place at the moment. I'd be really surprised if he felt like he'd be better over there.

I could see them pushing him, just to send a message to other high potential AEW talent - come here, and youā€™ll get the opportunity that you would not on a crowded roster. Potentially, all that they need to do here is make him feel like thereā€™s a level of consistency in how heā€™s featured - but I could easily see him make the jump, win the NXT title from Ethan Page, then move to the main roster where he quickly wins a secondary belt. Heā€™ll probably get more TV time if he gets over based entirely on the fact their roster is thin, so it may feel worthwhile; at least in the short term. If it didnā€™t work out, I canā€™t imagine that Tony Khan wouldnt re-sign him; and with that in mind, I can see why he might be tempted.Ā 

To be honest, I donā€™t think heā€™s a major loss for AEW, and I donā€™t think heā€™s a major ā€˜getā€™ for WWE. Heā€™s a talented young wrestler, but I just canā€™t see him amounting to much more than he is in AEW, or breaking past the midcard in WWE.Ā 

3 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

@RedTwosterĀ Do you think the optics of Garcia joining NXT and beating Page for the title would be well received? I think it would look pretty petty.

I donā€™t think itā€™s petty at all, it would make Garcia seem like a hot commodity off-the-gate.

But as I said, I donā€™t think heā€™s a major get for WWE, or a major loss for AEW. Heā€™s a ā€˜nice-to-haveā€™, certainly; but nothing more than that, in my opinion.Ā 

If he leaves AEW, thereā€™s a giant roster of people waiting to take his place.Ā 

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, RedTwoster said:

To be honest, I donā€™t think heā€™s a major loss for AEW, and I donā€™t think heā€™s a major ā€˜getā€™ for WWE. Heā€™s a talented young wrestler, but I just canā€™t see him amounting to much more than he is in AEW, or breaking past the midcard in WWE.Ā 

Agree, he's got Johnny Gargano written all over him. A very solid talent, occasionally brilliant, but in need of something to help him break out and that's easier on NXT than it is to their main audience.Ā 

5 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

@RedTwosterĀ Do you think the optics of Garcia joining NXT and beating Page for the title would be well received? I think it would look pretty petty.

Don't get petty as an rgument at all. Seems completely logical.