Shit To Look Forward To: January

I’m going to do a few more Flight Sim Football Ground vids. Enjoyed doing the first one and totally honest here, I did it for my benefit. I actually finished an idea without giving up at the first hurdle and becoming a neurotic mess like usual.  So hopefully my mental health will feel the benefits too. 

And also, a catch up with our Frankie in his beloved Liverpool. My girlfriend has never been and honestly, you’d not have a better guide than Mr Crisp. 

• Paid Members

I've also got tickets to see My Neighbour Totoro for my wife's birthday. Should be good. 

Looking forward to trying to get back into the gym properly too. 

Hopefully before the end of January I'll be getting my first tattoo (at 46, I don't think it's a mid life crisis though just something I never wanted before but now I do...) What would (Mrs Wiseau) do? Hopefully this will enable me to not be such a fucking idiot in everyday life as she's the most sensible, most moral and just generally best actual human I know and if I have her on hand when she's not with me I might make better decisions. In Cooper Black font as our first dance was God Only Knows. I'm not actually looking forward to the experience of getting the tattoo but I'm looking forward to being generally a better person because of it.

Before Christmas I started back swimming again at least twice a week and have forced myself to have at least two booze free days a week, doesn't sound a lot but it's been good for my head but over the list two weeks it stopped so i'm looking forward to getting back on those two and my head getting better because of this.

Edited by Harry Wiseau

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Start a new job in the middle of January.

Have been Head of Marketing and Comms at The Oval for 2 years, before that did the same for Frank Warren and even before did it for DAZN/Bellator (even got to live for a while in Manhattan). That is to say, for someone with no disercinble talent that I'm aware of, I've been very lucky to have some really wonderful jobs in sport but always wanted to work in football.

In January I start as the new Head of Marketing at Portman Road for Ipswich, and I'm properly buzzing. Not my team, but I'm sure they will be in time.

Yes. An entirely self-satisfied post, but after a bleak 2023 where I lost people and saw others I love have a horrible time, I'm hopeful 2024 can be a more positive one.

Viva la Tractor Boyz.

That sounds fantastic sir, very best of luck with that (even if you are off to the enemy!) Really exciting time to be at Portman Road at the moment too. 

• Paid Members

I won't even lie, I'm beyond excited about the new Mean Girls musical movie being released on the 19th. 20 years since the original movie, it's been a massive part of cultural references throughout my friendship groups and I can't help but love a good movie musical.

Currently on a coin flip between Saint Agnes (seen before absolutely love) and Zebrahead (not seen since 2016 but always a delight) as my one gig out of Hereford in January. Trying to attempt to cut down on drinking (currently at home with the darts and an Irn Bru) so that I can get out to Cardiff/Birmingham/Bristol more for fun times.

• Paid Members
38 minutes ago, Just Some Guy said:

The former is on my list the latter is not.

Sounds like the kind of place filled with LARPers who refuse to break character.

It's just a fairly big standard pub with a mildly quirky sign. No actual Tolkien effort at all. My wife wanted to go in for a beer...

42 minutes ago, Just Some Guy said:

Sounds like the kind of place filled with LARPers who refuse to break character.

"Oh no it doesn't, Mr Frodo!"