UFC 293: Adesanya vs Strickland - Sep 9 🇦🇺

wandshogun09

Who wins?   

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So I ended up sleeping all day for like 12 hours so I'm now awake and watching it live after all. First two fights have been pretty good. I'm hoping it stays like this so it keeps me excited and energetic but if I start getting tired I'll get my head down and watch in the morning 

The main card isn't that bad I mean they have had a huge run of fire events recently so it was always going to dip eventually. Excited for the last three or four fights 

Man, have we ever seen such an amazing character turn as Sean "Apex Predator" Strickland? Who would have thought he'd be getting cheered to victory in his opponents back yard and ending the fight with a Rocky-esque speech?

He's the best thing in UFC right now. Such a feel-good story. From an abusive childhood, a racist grandpa, to a champion, a man of the people. 

I'm actually wiping away tears as I type this.

#AndNew #ApexPredator

4 hours ago, David said:

Man, have we ever seen such an amazing character turn as Sean "Apex Predator" Strickland? Who would have thought he'd be getting cheered to victory in his opponents back yard and ending the fight with a Rocky-esque speech?

He's the best thing in UFC right now. Such a feel-good story. From an abusive childhood, a racist grandpa, to a champion, a man of the people. 

I'm actually wiping away tears as I type this.

#AndNew #ApexPredator

I must admit, I did find myself cheering him on and rooting for him as the fight went on. I was on the edge of my seat in the final seconds of the 5th round. 

Got to go down as one of the biggest title fight upsets ever. The audio kept cutting out during his post fight interview but I thought he came across more likeable than most other times I’ve heard him speak. And at least he didn’t drop the F word like a couple of others.

Edited by Bruce85

I'm certain that Izzy gets the rematch because we all know that you need to beat Izzy twice to be the Middleweight champion. That's how it is when you're fighting someone who's so important to the companies earning power on a continent. 

But, I don't for a second believe Dana's right in making excuses for Adesanya. Dana saying he looked slow, that he didn't look himself? Nope. He looked sharp as always in that first round. As most opponents of Strickland's do. But, as the fight progresses, his style wears on guys, which is why Izzy looked fucked by the end. 

Watch for Izzy to win the rematch and then declare he can now move on afterward, as he did with Periera. 

As far as upsets go, that was one of the biggest in a while. I don't think we have seen a one sided upset since maybe TJ Dillashaw vs Barao. Usually with upsets, the person wins with a knock out of no where or a sequence of damage due to the champions miss step. Rarely do we see an upset like last nigh where the champion loses pretty much every round.

37 minutes ago, Zebra Kid Mark said:

As far as upsets go, that was one of the biggest in a while. I don't think we have seen a one sided upset since maybe TJ Dillashaw vs Barao. Usually with upsets, the person wins with a knock out of no where or a sequence of damage due to the champions miss step. Rarely do we see an upset like last nigh where the champion loses pretty much every round.

Agreed, it was really one sided. I don’t think many gave Strickland much of a chance, there is always a punchers chance but it’s not like he’s known for his knock out power. To go out and pretty much win every round and take hardly any damage was impressive. 

Already seen on twitter cry’s Izzy was never that good anyway…

• Paid Members

I really hope they don't go with the Izzy immediate rematch. Don't want to take away from his accomplishments, but It's 1 win in 3 now without a defence in his most recent stint. Not like the fight was a close call with any controversy either.

Imagine Strickland v Khamzat. Christ.