UFC 293: Adesanya vs Strickland - Sep 9 🇦🇺

wandshogun09

Who wins?   

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, David said:

Oh, there would be tons to giggle about. Strickland is a car crash. Having him represent the company as a champion would be fucking hilarious.

I mean, does it even matter anymore? The UFC chugs on no matter who's holding belts, keep the man off mainstream TV stations and they're good to go.

• Paid Members

I’ve deliberately not bothered with the press conference because every single time Adesanya or Strickland touch a microphone it’s just the worst. But I did catch the Kape stuff on Twitter and his little silly outburst gave me a chuckle. Never expected to see him and Izzy get into it 😂

Saw something the other day that Izzy’s on about beating Strickland then giving the next title shot to the winner of Costa vs Chimaev just to spite Du Plessis. I’m sure he just said that to have a dig at DDP but it honestly wouldn’t shock me if they go that route now. Providing Khamzat beats Costa anyway. Obviously we all know Dana has a raging boner for Khamzat so fast tracking him to the title shot would hardly be a surprise. But he’s also been moaning about DDP “turning down the fight” lately. Which is shite because he literally just beat Whittaker in July. If Dana wanted Izzy vs DDP in September, maybe don’t book the #1 contenders fight for just 7/8 weeks before and expect nobody to get banged up? Helmet. But yeah, if Adesanya wins on Saturday as I expect he will, and Khamzat beats Costa at 294 next month, I could see them bypassing Du Plessis and making Izzy vs Khamzat next. Which, to be honest, as much as I wanna see the DDP fight and he’s certainly done more at 185 to earn it, the Izzy vs Khamzat fight would be very interesting. 

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

Still not really feeling this one and the ‘crazy’ buildup hasn’t worked on me. I’m sure the crowd will add to it and there might be a few pleasant surprises on the undercard but on paper it’s undeniably the weakest PPV main card in some time. To make matters worse we’re back to the US start times after back-to-back weekends of Euro friendly kickoffs. 

IMG_9042.jpeg

IMG_9213.jpeg

• Paid Members

It's hooked me. Fight week has been quite fun to follow, and its weird to see Strickland become a bit of a fan favorite out there in Australia, they've taken to him out there. Izzy definitely wont have the whole crowd in his pocket which is pretty surprising.

43 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

It's hooked me. Fight week has been quite fun to follow, and its weird to see Strickland become a bit of a fan favorite out there in Australia, they've taken to him out there. Izzy definitely wont have the whole crowd in his pocket which is pretty surprising.

It's not really. Izzy is thoroughly unlikeable.