Saving Bray Wyatt...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

Best thing he’s ever done is mug off Triple H worse then Ultimate Warrior at Wrestlemania 12. Turn that up to eleven. The con artist, scamming millions out of the company that originally sacked him. Pumping out absolute dross, taking zero bumps and laughing all the way to the bank. Not sure how you turn that into a pro-wrestling gimmick but it’s genuinely one of the biggest babyface moves of the last decade.

19 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Best thing he’s ever done is mug off Triple H worse then Ultimate Warrior at Wrestlemania 12. Turn that up to eleven. The con artist, scamming millions out of the company that originally sacked him. Pumping out absolute dross, taking zero bumps and laughing all the way to the bank. Not sure how you turn that into a pro-wrestling gimmick but it’s genuinely one of the biggest babyface moves of the last decade.

This, Honestly. I kinda hope he doesn't come back, not just because he's a talentless tosser. But also because he fucked off after he got the bag.

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, Vamp said:

If it doesn't work have a chat about how you've both tried a few times now and it's not working and if he wants to try his ideas elsewhere you'll support that decision. 

Give him a painting of a Spitfire and let him go.

14 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Has there been a better transformation in that style than Kishin Liger?

There's nothing quite like reading a post and knowing what you want to reply, skimming a thread to the end and clocking that somebody else got there first. Muta vs Liger was one of the matches I posted to that "ten matches to see before you die" thread many years ago where mine were all the off-piste, unique matches rather than the "best" ones. Great even if you know what's going to happen but unbelievable if you don't.

As a random tangent, I always got a kick out of Ahmed coming back to life after Goldust kissed him at KOTR'96 and absolute ripping into him like a man possessed. But don't let Bray read that because he'll take "possessed" rather too literally.

I'm running with the idea - and there's a remote possibility that this was genuinely a contributing factor - that Wyatt had quite a traditional, one dimensional hold on his gimmick until he saw that article by our very own Stuart Millard and it gave him notions that would permeate for the rest of his career. 

Basically, UKFF is sort of to blame for him. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

I don’t even think it’s Bray that annoys me, it’s the online detectives who think he can do no wrong.
“But he’s SO creative!” - no he isn’t. You can tell whatever films he’s watched recently because if you’ve seen them too then your about to see them again, just ever so slightly different.

And the lore, the fucking lore. Everything has to be a reference, or a callback, or a hint to something tat 9 times out of 10 isn’t even there to begin with.
“Oh but if you take those numbers, rearrange them so that they’re like this, they’re the date of The Undertaker’s untelevised debut against Mario Manchini from the November 19th 1990 Superstars” - yeah, because why keep it fucking simple. Not everything has to be intricately connected. 
“Ah, but if you go back to this promo from 3 years ago, he actually said this was going to happen” - yeah, because they have that much fucking foresight don’t they.
I can remember during the build to his match with Undertaker at WM31 someone giving out about how they never referenced that Undertaker had faced Bray’s dad at Royal Rumble 95. Who gives a shit about that? Other than people who want to go “oh look! I know real names~!”

I was willing to give him a chance when he came back. He’d had a long layoff due to various issues, and WWE was finding its feet in all the “post/Vince” stuff. 
Then you started to get all the Uncle Howdy bullshit, and it was all over after the neon lights match at the Rumble, helped by Pat McAfee killing the angle-. 
“whose that?” 
“that’s Uncle Howdy”. 
“well HOWDY DOODY SIR!”

In short, send him packing and let him make a living on the convention circuit or doing spooky vids for people on Cameo (if that’s even still a thing)