London recommendations

Tommy!

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Vamp said:

Everybody talks in cockney rhyming slang. 

If you see a chimney sweep make sure you tip your hat. 

My last trip to London was 2008 and on exiting the station the first Londoner I encountered was a cockney crabby saying "give 'em a boy and they make 'em a man" which cemented my view of cockneys as right knobs.

• Awards Moderator

Here you go. I love and hate London in equal measure but this Instagram account has helped me over the years in discovering some amazing ale houses.

https://instagram.com/beautifulboozers?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

“There’s no such thing as a bad pint - some are just better than others - but they all taste better inside a proper boozer”

Edited by Frankie Crisp

• 2 months later...
  • Paid Members

I've had my train cancelled so I'm on a bus there instead, however I've gone boring and stuck to the GBG listing for my guide on day 1;

Antelope, Eaton Terrace 

Fox & Hounds, Passmore Street

Star Tavern, Belgrave Mews

Bear, Spring Street

Mad Bishop, Paddington station

Victoria, Strathearn Place.

I'm still working on day 2 but that'll be heading east from the bus stop - hotel - Albert Hall loop and taking in your pub recommendations.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Got some resale tickets for the NFL at Tottenham this Sunday. Train gets into Euston about 11am & I ideally want to be at the stadium for 1.30pm. Any recommendations for food & drink spots in between the two would be welcome (pub food is fine, don't realy wanna be eating kebabs midday on a Sunday). Ta x

Edited by Dead Mike

There is a really nice pub in Tottenham on the High Road called Bluecoats https://thebluecoatspub.com/  and that way you're near the stadium.

If you're coming from Seven Sisters and decide to go there, walk and that way you can stop off at The High Cross, which is a tiny pub that used go be public toilets.

But then the whole of London is a toilet eh? Waaaaaheeeeeeeey.

• Paid Members
42 minutes ago, Dead Mike said:

Got some resale tickets for the NFL at Tottenham this Sunday. Train gets into Euston about 11am & I ideally want to be at the stadium for 1.30pm. Any recommendations for food & drink spots in between the two would be welcome (pub food is fine, don't realy wanna be eating kebabs midday on a Sunday). Ta x

Assuming you're changing at Seven Sisters, there's a very good pizza + bar place just up the road from there called True Craft. A bit further up is a small place called Cafe Lemon that does really nice food, and all day breakfasts and so on. Both about 5-10 minutes walk away from Seven Sisters station. 

Edited by Chris B

• Paid Members
52 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Assuming you're changing at Seven Sisters, there's a very good pizza + bar place just up the road from there called True Craft. A bit further up is a small place called Cafe Lemon that does really nice food, and all day breakfasts and so on. Both about 5-10 minutes walk away from Seven Sisters station. 

This sounds perfect. Nice one