Ruud Gullit’s Sexy Football 2023/2024 Domestic Only Thread

Mr_Danger

9 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Wycombe v Stevenage today ended at gone 5.30pm. The Stevenage goal was scored in 45+14 and the second half by the looks of things had 28 minutes of extra time. There seems to have been 1 bad injury but fucking hell that's a long game. 

I dunno, sounds like the average length of a game in the 90s and 00s when Man Utd were trailing at the 90 minute mark. 

• Paid Members

For fuck sake Forest. Like night follows day, another loss from when we’ve been ahead. Today makes it 8 points dropped from winning positions just 12 games in. Shite.

Edited by Wretch

On 11/11/2023 at 5:53 PM, Devon Malcolm said:

1-0 and 2-1 down. Bolton at home in the EFT during the week so it probably ends at 13, but still amazing.

Just seen reports of Stockport buying tickets for the away game at Nuneaton because the home club is in financial trouble, to ensure they get as much match day money as possible. 

Class that, from a Coventry City fan 👏👏👏 

Edit - Correction. They bought tickets for a Nuneaton vs Alfreton Town game. That’s even better!

Edited by Keith Houchen

6 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Just seen reports of Stockport buying tickets for the away game at Nuneaton because the home club is in financial trouble, to ensure they get as much match day money as possible. 

Class that, from a Coventry City fan 👏👏👏

Spurs did that when we played Marine.

Class touch, despite the fact that I'm not a big fan of the armed forces . Salute.

1 minute ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I quite like Jamie Carragher. He isn't plugged into endless clichés with his commentary like most are, but I also acknowledge he's divisive.

That's understandable, but this game he barely commentated and just made noises for the last 20 minutes or so.

I'm not exaggerating, there was one 30 second period where he went "oooooh....oh......ooooOooooOoooOoooh.....oh" What on earth is the point of him if he is just going to do that?

Then he started banging on about TV rights and why they're so high is because of this game and then claimed that the Premier League was the best league by a country mile. 

It was one of the all time dreadful performances. Drury horrendous as well.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

I'm not exaggerating, there was one 30 second period where he went "oooooh....oh......ooooOooooOoooOoooh.....oh" What on earth is the point of him if he is just going to do that?

He was probably hocking up a big gob. 

A couple of key players missing and Newcastle look like the team they are on paper. Hope they vanish in to the middle pack from hereon in. Spurs looking a bit Spursy these last two games as well.

Liverpool are straight out flat track bullies at home. I imagine that will be enough to ensure a top 4 finish and anything else will depend on away form and how we manage the big games. Diogo Jota is quietly going about being our second best forward this season, such an underrated member of our team.

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

Diogo Jota is quietly going about being our second best forward this season, such an underrated member of our team.

Always felt like such a quietly shrewd signing for Liverpool. Such a quality player. As an Arsenal fan it's frustrating because Jota seems to score against us every time we play Liverpool. 

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

I'm not exaggerating

You're definitely not. It was like one of the voiceover scenes from Toast of London, if Matt Berry had to replicate the Gary Neville noise when Torres scored against Barcelona that time.

If we take away the conversation of VAR and it's bad and blah blah blah, and just look at this in isolation, I think this is handled pretty well.

If you don't have the conclusive evidence to disallow the goal, you don't have it. You will never, ever, ever have every single angle covered on a pitch. You just won't. 

The only disappointment is I assume they turn down the on field refs mic, and would've loved to have heard the players whinge as that's always funny ala Tony Adams calling David Elleray a cheat all those years ago.

Oh and warning, contains Michael Owen in a PRESENTING role. Jesus.