Ruud Gullit’s Sexy Football 2023/2024 Domestic Only Thread

Mr_Danger

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Doog said:

People can chuck the Saudi Arabia stuff around all they like, but the fact is a lot of the big club fans just don't like another club challenging them. It's alright saying how much they like Newcastle when they're shit, deserve so much more etc, but when they actually challenge its all, LOL never won a trophy etc. Just don't like it up them. 

You think it's just the 'big club' fans who hate you now? The delusions settled in fast up there.

• Paid Members

Forgive me if this isn't the same thread I saw Bacon post about it, but m'on the Fume! Referring to the Copa Libertadores final of course - what a fun and entertaining match that was. From about 60 minutes it descended into absolute bedlam and was such a good watch. Pisses all over the normally dull and clinical Champions League final - said before I prefer the Europa League and Conference League to the Champions League because of the greater variety of teams and fixtures you get to watch as opposed to the same teams playing each other again and again but on that showing the Copa Lipertadores final can join them as more entertaining than the Champions League. 

1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

Yeah, if the Saudis bought Sunderland instead, you and thousands of other Newcastle fans would be criticising them and calling out the human rights abuses. 

It's the same every where though isn't it? I work with a load of Man United fans who've spent the last decade and more complaining about City, the last 2 years or more complaining about Newcastle and the last few months crying that they haven't been taken over by Qatar! Look at the chatter coming from Liverpool fans when it looked like FSG were selling up!

My Brother, Sister and Brother-in-law all support Sunderland and all said the same thing, if the Saudis had come to Wearside, they'd have reservations but none of them would stop supporting the club. 

It's disingenuous to hold Newcastle fans to any higher standard. That said some of the discourse from other Newcastle fans if you suggest that PIF are anything less than benevolent saviours is disturbing to say the least. 

I'm not comfortable with our ownership group, I'm just not, never have been never will be. But once in a while I'd quite like to be able to talk about the football without the same three jokes being fucking hammered to death (There's a free one for you lads.).

Right, I'm off to the Crown Jewel thread to call everyone cunts.............

Edit: Clearly no one watched Crown Jewel.

Bastards.

Edited by BrodyGraham

Arsenal fan, venting a bit here. I don't mind taking the loss, to be honest. All things right with the world, it was a super tight, well fought contest that should have ended 0-0. But sometimes one team gets a moment of luck or magic and it swings for/against you. That's football. But I am a bit seething about the Bruno thing and the VAR in relation to that. From behind, elbow to the base of the neck, forearm across head behind the ear; not even close enough to the ball to pretend it's a challenge - clearly just wants to leave one on him to send a message. For every 3-6 minute VAR check we go through every game because everything's so complicated and subjective, that one was textbook violent conduct, open-and-shut. And I hate that VAR doesn't have the courage to give these kind of things. I remember last year at Southampton, Gabriel Jesus got petulantly punched in the back and nothing happened. Saka got absolutely fucking kicked to the moon by James McArthur the other year. And I'm sure every team has their own examples. It's just super annoying to me that football still pitches itself in this macho pretence where acts of violence get downplayed because people question how much things "should" hurt rather than looking at the actual act or the intent. "It was a forearm, not an elbow"? Give me a break. Anyone deliberately striking anyone off the ball should be as easy as it gets for VAR.

15 hours ago, CleetusVanDamme said:

It wasn't so long ago Newcastle were being relegated under Rafa's watch. Now they're here, and Rafa's in the relegation zone with Celta Vigo, with a bottom three finish in China inbetween. It really makes you think.

It’s heartwarming to see that even though my own love for the great man has diminished somewhat over the years your hatred still burns brighter than ever.

Edited by Mr_Danger

17 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

This is usually a pretty good thread for football discussion but this is a bit embarrassing. 

There’s a good reason why we had a separate thread for Arsenal and Spurs!  At least it can’t get any worse, can it?

Arsenal Football Club wholeheartedly supports Mikel Arteta’s post-match comments after yet more unacceptable refereeing and VAR errors on Saturday evening.

We’d also like to acknowledge the huge effort and performance from our players and travelling supporters at St James’ Park.

The Premier League is the best league in the world with the best players, coaches and supporters, all of whom deserve better. PGMOL urgently needs to address the standard of officiating and focus on action which moves us all on from retrospective analysis, attempted explanations and apologies.

We support the ongoing efforts of Chief Refereeing Officer, Howard Webb and would welcome working together to achieve the world-class officiating standards our league demands.