Ruud Gullit’s Sexy Football 2023/2024 Domestic Only Thread

Mr_Danger

28 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

The replay remark was a page pulled straight from the Ferguson playbook and I couldn't help but admire / laugh at it.

Of course, he learnt from the best. 

It annoyed me (I say annoyed, these things get forgotten within 30 seconds the older you get) me slightly as the narrative gets spun into "Spurs are cowards " but again, see my point in brackets.

Overall I still like Klopp. Inevitably there have been some less savoury moments when Liverpool have been less good, but no-one lasts this long in the job without blotting their copybook on occasion. Wenger's one of the most genteel guys to ever do it and he ended up in shoving matches towards the end. The replay stuff is ridiculous, but as people have said, it's just a textbook move. 

I'm not quite sure why people get so pearl-clutchy about Arteta being animated on the sidelines though. It's not like he's doing crazy stuff like pulling a hamstring sticking it to the fourth official or poking someone in the eye and running away; and he's not Jason Tindall either, constantly badgering the officials. 99% of the time he's just coaching his own players and people get very weird about it.

I think the only manager in the league I don't have much time for at the moment is Ten Hag. I don't know if it's just him or the mess he's found himself in, but he almost feels like the manager version of Bruno Fernandes, constantly blaming everyone and everything else around him when things go badly.

• Paid Members

When you train with the intensity and burning desire to be the best every day like Eden did, it's no surprise he burned out by the time he turned 30. There's only so many miles you can put on the clock.

hazard-mock.gif

The Spanish media's reaction to the Laugh Heard Around The World is classic. "Fue como si toda mi familia hubiera sido violada delante de mí".

I can't wait until he starts playing the legends games, fat as fuck. He was born for this!

• Paid Members
On 10/10/2023 at 2:54 PM, SuperBacon said:

This doesn't really feel like the right thread, but I had to share it as its absolutely floored me.

I suppose its easy to be cynical about things like "just have a chat" and mental health day or whatever, but this is an incredible depiction.

It's the twist ending that does it.

1 hour ago, mim731 said:

Bring back downvotes.

Happy to report that while he was still at Cov, James Maddison berated nightclub staff who didn’t recognise him by telling them loudly how his shoes cost more than they make in a month. Carvery top man twat. 

• Paid Members
On 10/10/2023 at 4:13 PM, CleetusVanDamme said:

I can't wait until he starts playing the legends games, fat as fuck. He was born for this!

He's already formed a telepathic connection with Mbappe's dad!

It was cool seeing him link up with Pires. The original effortless PL left winger who if you bring up stats I'll start feigning that I'm going to fall asleep, too. Just enjoy entertainers at work, ffs.