AEW Saturday Collision

Hannibal Scorch

3 minutes ago, Louch said:

Punks never seen a bandwagon he doesn’t like to jump on to try and act the good guy. See the actors strike shirt this week. Never hear of him wanting unionisation in wrestling since he started making main event money tho.  Funny that 

I've always found him a tad unpleasant, underneath he seems a bitter, angry, resentful person. The type that you've got to tread eggshells around for fear of him throwing a strop. 

I didn't know he is a bandwagon hopper though. 

Anyway, sorry for OT.

Please can we stop referring to trans rights as a ‘bandwagon’?

I appreciate you might not like Punk, but you don’t need to reduce others support of trans rights in that way.

FWIW, despite that awful video in Australia, Punk has always been fairly solid on LGBTQ+ issues. Including vocally advocating for civil unions and gay marriage in 2012.

He might be a twat - not saying he’s not, I don’t know him - but I think his political opinions have always been ostensibly left. Even terrible people - if he is - can be left wing.

Plus, money from the shirt is going to a genuine good cause. Perhaps we can let this one slide.

Still, again, good show. 

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

14 minutes ago, Louch said:

Punks never seen a bandwagon he doesn’t like to jump on to try and act the good guy. See the actors strike shirt this week. Never hear of him wanting unionisation in wrestling since he started making main event money tho.  Funny that 

Nah come on now, that's incredibly disingenuous. 

You clearly hate the bloke, which is fine, but he obviously cares about the trans community, hence The Trevor Project getting all the proceeds.

You can be a bit of an arse about certain things AND support worthy causes you know.

9 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Nah come on now, that's incredibly disingenuous. 

You clearly hate the bloke, which is fine, but he obviously cares about the trans community, hence The Trevor Project getting all the proceeds.

You can be a bit of an arse about certain things AND support worthy causes you know.

When he supports a cause for more than a few weeks I’ll believe he’s genuine. I don’t hate the guy, hate requires effort. Just think he’s never actually genuine about the causes he gets behind for a week or he would back then week on week and not just jump cause to cause depending on which one is in the news this week. Longer term that behaviour harms the causes than helps them  

17 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Please can we stop referring to trans rights as a ‘bandwagon’?

I appreciate you might not like Punk, but you don’t need to reduce others support of trans rights in that way.

FWIW, despite that awful video in Australia, Punk has always been fairly solid on LGBTQ+ issues. Including vocally advocating for civil unions and gay marriage in 2012.

He might be a twat - not saying he’s not, I don’t know him - but I think his political opinions have always been ostensibly left. Even terrible people - if he is - can be left wing.

Plus, money from the shirt is going to a genuine good cause. Perhaps we can let this one slide.

Still, again, good show. 

It wasn’t meant as a bandwagon to the genuine people who care and take action repeatedly in trans rights and show their full support. It was meant fully at flip flop Phil in his support of causes as you won’t hear a peep out of him in a month about it. 

46 minutes ago, Louch said:

When he supports a cause for more than a few weeks I’ll believe he’s genuine. I don’t hate the guy, hate requires effort. Just think he’s never actually genuine about the causes he gets behind for a week or he would back then week on week and not just jump cause to cause depending on which one is in the news this week. Longer term that behaviour harms the causes than helps them  

Well I think that him backing that 100% of the royalties of his t-shirt go towards a trans charity is a good thing, despite how "genuine" you believe he is.

Just now, SuperBacon said:

Well I think that him backing that 100% of the royalties of his t-shirt go towards a trans charity is a good thing, despite how "genuine" you believe he is.

It is, but will he follow it up with more T-shirts or attention? Time will tell. 

Just now, Louch said:

It is, but will he follow it up with more T-shirts or attention? Time will tell. 

I mean, you could say that about anything. Will the sun rise tomorrow?! Time will tell. Will I still be deeply poor this time next year?! Time wi- actually, no, I know the answer to that one.

• Paid Members
46 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I really like the Collision entrance way, I’ve decided. I thought Hobbs, Starks and Miro in particular looked like megastars surrounded by the screens and the pyro and whatnot.

Isn't it the exact same entrance set as Dynamite? 

I wish they'd go back to the old school original for Dynamite to differentiate the two shows.

4 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Isn't it the exact same entrance set as Dynamite? 

I wish they'd go back to the old school original for Dynamite to differentiate the two shows.

Good question, I genuinely don’t know/haven’t noticed.

Maybe it’s just the presentation of Hobbs/Starks et al is what stands out.

I think in my head, Dynamite is still the old set up!

But yeah, maybe I’m just recognising the positioning of these guys to have the big entrances/moments. Very happy to see Ricky Starks looking like such a big deal.

I am still sceptical how long Collision can last, not just with the dodgy TV spot but without the support of the life and soul of AEW (Kenny, Bucks, Hangman, Mox… even Jericho) - but if it’s legacy is landing Ricky Starks as a proper star, it’ll all have been worth it.