AEW Saturday Collision

Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members
58 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

Commentary wise i'm just grateful JR ain't around. The original intent was a 3 person booth and Kevin Kelly's meant to be off to Japan for the G1. There's going to be some tweaks coming up.

Thank God for that. Bring on Daddy Magic!

A really fun show. 

I was worried that another two hours would be a bad thing for AEW but it's turned out to be the exact opposite imo.

Collision doesn't feel like Dynamite but importantly also doesn't feel like a big downgrade.

Edited by The King Of Swing

• Paid Members

Overall - Excellent standard throughout and an even more fun show than the debut. Not a bad match on the show. 

👍 CMFTR/Starks vs BCG/Gunns - Ripper of a main event with a result that I admittedly wasn't expecting so soon into Punk's comeback. Action-packed throughout and with little let up. The mixed reaction to Punk was very interesting and that's going to create quite a fun new dimension and dynamic moving forward for any shows outside of Chicago. I dug the opening promo at the top of the show before the intro reel - nice transition into Elton's classic. 

👍 Sting/Jericho business - More good patter here heading into Forbidden Door. Jericho/Suzuki make a wonderful pair. Glad Naito turned out to be the surprise partner and not Goldberg as was rumoured by some. 

👍 Swerve vs Tanahashi - Super! Very enjoyable. I'm not as hot on NJPW as others might be, but Tanahashi is someone I've always enjoyed watching. That'll be a smasher of a contest with MJF. 

👍 Brody King vs Andrade - Good David/Goliath style dynamic. Both busted a gut here and weren't afraid to throw in a little psychology for fusspot purists like me. Good times. 

👍 Cage/Luchasaurus business - Love the fact that Cage is parading the title as his own even though Luchasaurus is the champion - it only makes him more detestable as a hell. Top patter as usual. 

👍 Willow vs Nyla Rose - I enjyoed this far more than I was expecting. Impressive Powerbomb at the end from Willow to rubberstamp it. Great effort. 

👍 Powerhouse Hobbs squash - Very enjoyable romp. Too many squashes across the modern wrestling landscape are too samey - but this was a very pleasing way of presenting one because Hobbs is quite a unique performer. Delicious. 

3 minutes ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

👍 Swerve vs Tanahashi - Super! Very enjoyable. I'm not as hot on NJPW as others might be, but Tanahashi is someone I've always enjoyed watching. That'll be a smasher of a contest with MJF.

I haven't been watching NJPW in recent years: is Tanahashi still capable of moving better than he was against Swerve? If not, I'm actually a little bit concerned about the quality of the match with MJF.

• Paid Members

Can Tanahashi not age without getting picked on for some knobbly knees? It also plays into some of the psychology in his matches, so I think he deserves credit for battling it out as opposed to be criticised for it. 

1 hour ago, The King Of Swing said:

Loved the opening promos. Proper Saturday Night's Main Event, vibes. 

One negative for me was Miro's promo.

It's just jobberish at this point with no real endgame and if HoB are going to get shit for that kind of thing then Miro shouldn't get a pass.

Define jobberish? He's been built up for this return, had a big squash last week and got promo time in a funky studio setting this week to set the course on a new character direction. Impossible to determine the end game two shows in. 

16 minutes ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

Define jobberish? He's been built up for this return, had a big squash last week and got promo time in a funky studio setting this week to set the course on a new character direction. Impossible to determine the end game two shows in. 

I'd say part of the problem with Miro is that the last couple of runs amounted to lots of pre-taped vignettes. Stuff that as a character people fully bought into. That then never really went anywhere.

Two weeks is a very small sample size but he's beaten a glorified jobber and back to a pre-tape. I can't blame people for feeling wary since it's been seen all before and there's no sense of where he's getting plugged in storyline wise.

Enjoyed the first couple of weeks of Collision, don't personally have a massive problem with Kelly and McGuinness though agree they're not always that well polished.

I always felt the likes of Miro, Andrade and Black should've been doing a bit more so they've got the roster right for me.

Edited by AndyUK

18 hours ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

Can Tanahashi not age without getting picked on for some knobbly knees? It also plays into some of the psychology in his matches, so I think he deserves credit for battling it out as opposed to be criticised for it.

To be clear, I wasn't crtitising Tanahansi - I'm aware of his knee issues. Was just wondering if he was perhaps saving himself for the PPV a bit.