The Goal of the Day Thread

Frankie Crisp

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I always thought he was an underrated player. Not in the sense that people didn't think he was talented - I think that was always the case, but he seems to be largely forgotten amongst other Prem strikers of yesteryear. Maybe because he was a miserable sod. 

17 minutes ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

I always thought he was an underrated player. Not in the sense that people didn't think he was talented - I think that was always the case, but he seems to be largely forgotten amongst other Prem strikers of yesteryear. Maybe because he was a miserable sod. 

One of my favourite memories was when he signed for Bolton and said one of the plus points was how it was just over an hours flight away from Paris. They should’ve stuck that on the Bolton coat of arms. 

Sticking tangentially with the Beckenbauer theme, Matthaus in the 90 World Cup.

God, the amount of incredible midfielders in that WC. Matthaus, Hagi, Schifo, Gascoigne, Stojkovic, Maradona, Gullit, Baggio, Prosinecki. 

Wonderful. 

All 3 of these are great (Berba scored some lovely goals for us) but the one against Charlton about a minute in, is one of my favourite Spurs goals ever, and makes me feel things.

The speed of thought and touch to get it away so beautifully is just sublime, and then the pace and strength to win the battle and the finish...ugh. 

Absolutely wonderful goal, absolutely wonderful player.