AEW London 2023

Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members

I remember the New Japan show in Manchester a few years back, the queue for the merchandise was fucking massive all night long. It was mental. They looked more than prepared for the demand though and must have made a fortune flogging shirts. If AEW come unprepared they’re likely leaving hundreds of thousands on the table. I can’t be arsed ordering a shirt online, but at the event, in the moment? I’d probably grab a Danhausen shirt.

Speaking of which…

IMG_5928.thumb.jpeg.0f390575e6b6399c2a73d5dd1fabda0b.jpeg

Heartbreaking. Bullshit. Cancel the whole event.

Imagine the pop of it’s a swerve and he turns up in Stadium Stampede though!

• Paid Members

First time ever watching wrestling in a stadium, I can’t believe it hasn’t crossed my mind until now.

They’re likely going to have massive Wrestlemania-style pillars blocking the view for loads of people, aren’t they?

In better news, apologies if this has been mentioned already, but this just blew my mind. The same account that kickstarted the first, “All In,” by asking Meltzer if they could do 10,000 seats also asked Meltzer if they could ever do 80,000 seats a few years later. Look at the dates! Bonkers! At this point, you’ve got to just assume this lad is a time traveller, using his ability for the sole purpose of improving the pro-wrestling industry.

IMG_5937.thumb.jpeg.ca6ded8224817c8962c5b3bc3741d922.jpeg

Just waiting for the same guy to tweet Meltzer, “any chance Edge debuts in London?” We can then take that as confirmation that it’s happening.

Edited by Supremo

• Members
Just now, Supremo said:

First time ever watching wrestling in a stadium, I can’t believe it hasn’t crossed my mind until now.

They’re likely going to have massive Wrestlemania-style pillars blocking the view for loads of people, aren’t they?

I mean, I would be amazed if they aren't covering the ring yeah. It's not worth the risk not to, so pillars it is.

I'd imagine they'll have a four sided screen a obove the ring which in turn will be held up by 4 pillars. Players tunnel entrance with fancy lights with a ramp 

By not having a big Titantron there using all the stadium. That's something WWE would have to sacrifice if they ever want Mania in Wembley

13 minutes ago, 2Xtreme_lives said:

There is the potential of that as they were selling tunnel seats in the presale etc. 

the seating plan suggests they haven’t sold the 4 blocks immediately around the tunnel, but have sold the blocks on level 5 above the tunnel. So probably a small stage/installation around the tunnel.

Theyve built in proper diagonals on the floor plan too, so looks like they will have a canopy and the ring plus blocks AA, BB, CC, DD and EE will be within it. Anyone with diagonally-on views in levels 1, 2 and 5 could have a restricted view.

Also, the way they light wrestling shows these days, plus where the pockets of empty seats are still, I wouldn’t be surprised if we hear a few ‘turn the lights off’ chants as well.

4 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

the seating plan suggests they haven’t sold the 4 blocks immediately around the tunnel, but have sold the blocks on level 5 above the tunnel. So probably a small stage/installation around the tunnel.

Theyve built in proper diagonals on the floor plan too, so looks like they will have a canopy and the ring plus blocks AA, BB, CC, DD and EE will be within it. Anyone with diagonally-on views in levels 1, 2 and 5 could have a restricted view.

Also, the way they light wrestling shows these days, plus where the pockets of empty seats are still, I wouldn’t be surprised if we hear a few ‘turn the lights off’ chants as well.

I have a diagonally-view in level 1. I've made a huge mistake.

3 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

"And that cheer you just heard was this pasty British crowd, withering under the lights, now gladly returned to the gloom to which they are accustomed."