AEW London 2023

Hannibal Scorch

29 minutes ago, Chili said:

A bag no bigger than a sheet of A4 paper. What on earth.

Just means school bag sized backpack, no big cases or massive backpacks 

• Paid Members

While I absolutely love the idea of a story where MJF has to make amends with Wardlow, the idea of it be because The Kingdom are involved in a main event storyline would really piss me off. Those two twats couldn't be more boring or more undeserving of being involved in the AEW main event scene.

But if MJF had to get Wardlow onside to fight off a combined threat of CM Punk and FTR...that I could really get behind.

Edited by LaGoosh

1 hour ago, Louch said:

Chelsea Green was going through this recently and had to give up her passports during it, wasn’t able to go back to Canada for a family wedding or do Raw there 

Pardon my ignorance on the subject but in order to be considered for residency you can't leave the country, even if you own/rent property there and work there? Is that right? 

21 minutes ago, Supremo said:

The entire time I’ve day dreamed about the inevitable MJF babyface run, it’s never once occurred to me that he could reunite with Wardlow. Good Lord. Instant goosebumps.

Have Cole set up his new group in the tag match. You have MJF interviewed asking how he feels about going out alone tonight. Then you either have wardlow walk into shot, and say let’s talk. Or you have MJF apologise to who he’s wronged before by being a dick and then you get a big pop for a wardlow entrance during the match when odds against him 

tho what I expect is that it’s Punk who’s saves MJF to keep the title on him so they face off at all out 

• Paid Members
34 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Pardon my ignorance on the subject but in order to be considered for residency you can't leave the country, even if you own/rent property there and work there? Is that right? 

It depends on what sort of visa he was working on before, but if he's applied for his Green Card, he can't travel outside of the US until he's issued a travel authorisation form, which can take months. Green card applications are notoriously slow, and especially for Mexican citizens, so it may be that this has been a long time coming and that they expected it would be resolved by now and it still hasn't been. If he were to travel outside the US before that form was issued, his whole Green Card application would be revoked. 

It's possible to get a separate travel document, and you'd think that's probably what they should have done, but we don't even know if all this is definitely the case, what the timeline of events is, or when Fenix was likely to have applied for a Green Card. I remember a few years ago that Fenix had moved to California, while I think Penta still lives in Mexico. 

3 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

You’re probably right, I’m going on what I’ve read elsewhere. According to CageMatch he’s only worked 2 matches outside of the US all year, one when AEW went to Canada in March and one for in Mexico in June for Invasion Indy (whoever they are)

The Invasion Indy show is almost definitely a mistake - the wrestler in that match is Mascara Oriental, and that links back to Fenix's Cagematch profile because it's a name he used to wrestle under. I can't imagine he worked a random indie show under an old gimmick - far more likely that there's a new wrestler using his old name now. 

Edited by BomberPat

6 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

While I absolutely love the idea of a story where MJF has to make amends with Wardlow, the idea of it be because The Kingdom are involved in a main event storyline would really piss me off. Those two twats couldn't be more boring or more undeserving of being involved in the AEW main event scene.

I don't necessarily mind. I can't pretend to know much about them as wrestlers, but if they effectively exist as Adam Cole's backing group, I'm OK with that. I'm also completely in favour of Roddy Strong getting featured more, he's been tremendous in his current role, and as this storyline evolves, I can imagine the prospect of Wardlow powerbombing the living fuck out of him becoming something that would feel very cathartic. The fact that Cole and Strong have both won me round has me open to the idea that Bennett and Taven could do the same. 

Edited by RedRooster

My barometer for any turns in the MJF/Cole story is how visible the 'Better Than You BayBay' and 'Double Clothesline' t-shirts are for sale. I doubt AEW would be pushing a product that hard that will be out of date in a matter of hours.

I can see the pair of them winning the ROH titles. Roddy and the Kingdom can be involved in the main event but don't determine the finish so that Cole & MJF carry on as friends. Kingdom then make decent tag opponents and there's a KOR card to play into an eventual Cole turn.

1 hour ago, Chili said:

A bag no bigger than a sheet of A4 paper. What on earth.

Standard practice for stadium events now days, all major football stadiums have the exact same bad policy in place.  It had been in place in the states at all the NFL stadium for years prior and in recent years the same policy made its way over here.

4 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

My barometer for any turns in the MJF/Cole story is how visible the 'Better Than You BayBay' and 'Double Clothesline' t-shirts are for sale. I doubt AEW would be pushing a product that hard that will be out of date in a matter of hours.

Well that certainly is a novel way of looking at it I suppose.

Wrong, but novel.

33 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

I can see the pair of them winning the ROH titles. Roddy and the Kingdom can be involved in the main event but don't determine the finish so that Cole & MJF carry on as friends. Kingdom then make decent tag opponents and there's a KOR card to play into an eventual Cole turn.

My preference at this point is for The Kingdom and Strong to brutally beat down MJF during the pre-show; with the Cole turn taking place there - opening the show with a recap, as the shocked announce team processes what happened - and speculate on what kind of state MJF is in. That way, you can have a fiery MJF babyface promo in the middle of the show, getting you pumped up for the main event - and fuck me, the reaction when he finally comes out to face the heel Adam Cole could be tremendous - and the match could be an emotional rollercoaster, as a broken and betrayed MJF faces off against the mega heel Cole. 

I love the idea of Roddy Strong and Adam Cole performing a double clothesline on MJF at some point during the match, perhaps leading to the finish (or being the finish) as Cole lifts the title. 

The Cole/MJF storyline could carry the company for the rest of the year, if they play it correctly. I'm absolutely buzzing for this match...although I'm definitely nervous that we might see MJF turn yet again. That would be the most underwhelming option of all available, and I don't think it would work. 

Stupid question from someone not attending a wrestling event since WCW at London Arena, but do we get commentary inside the stadium? I'd love to hear Tony 'It's Sttttttiiiiiiiiiinnnngggggggggggg' just once in the flesh 

4 minutes ago, Big'Olympic_Hero'Pete said:

Stupid question from someone not attending a wrestling event since WCW at London Arena, but do we get commentary inside the stadium? I'd love to hear Tony 'It's Sttttttiiiiiiiiiinnnngggggggggggg' just once in the flesh 

You do not.

Edit: but you should. Its mad how more events don't do a comms style thing to allow you to listen along if you want.

Edited by SuperBacon

Paul Wight teasing a Captain Insano appearance.

Only thing he’s done so far with that character was with the Acclaimed, so I’m thinking he might be the one teaming with the Acclaimed to face House of Black. 

Edited by AndyUK