Yeah, a very lethargic show at times. It just felt like everyone was shattered. The crowd were a bit flat too, but tough to blame them when the show was quite light on stars.

Mox and OC were the stars of the show. Mox has become the beating heart of the company though, his presence was the lynch pin that held the episode together. Tony should have a statue made of Mox, and have it erected outside the entrance of Daily’s Place.

I hope Joe drops the TV title at All Out, and moves on from the ROH nonsense.

A world title tournament consisting of Roddy Strong, Samoa Joe, OC, Mox, Eddie Kingston, Hangman and Kenny Omega would be perfect (I’m presuming Adam Cole won’t be in there).

58 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

A world title tournament consisting of Roddy Strong, Samoa Joe, OC, Mox, Eddie Kingston, Hangman and Kenny Omega would be perfect (I’m presuming Adam Cole won’t be in there).

How many of the tournaments actually match up to people's fantasy booking? It needs to be someone decent since there's a title shot at Grand Slam at stake, and there's a real need to shift tickets. Which usually means a half decent final and pretty blatant wins along the way to there.

Since "tradition" is thrown out regularly at the moment. It should mean the Full Gear title eliminator's coming up at the end of October. Having just had the Owen finish up 6 weeks ago.  

26 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

How many of the tournaments actually match up to people's fantasy booking? It needs to be someone decent since there's a title shot at Grand Slam at stake, and there's a real need to shift tickets. Which usually means a half decent final and pretty blatant wins along the way to there.

Since "tradition" is thrown out regularly at the moment. It should mean the Full Gear title eliminator's coming up at the end of October. Having just had the Owen finish up 6 weeks ago.  

Not so much fantasy booking, as the people who currently should be the ones vying for a shot at the world title. And Roderick Strong.

I hate when there’s like a tournament of 8 people for a world title, or a shot at a world title, and there’s filler names in there. It’s a real pet peeve. Everyone should want to be in there, which means it should be your 8 biggest names or near as dammit.

In reality, the minute Roddy marches up to Tony Khan and says “I’m entering the world title tournament”, the only sane response is an immediate “no, you’re not!”

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, 2Xtreme_lives said:

Just out of curiosity I saw Rampage, Dynamite and All In will be on ITV1 this week. Has always been the case? I thought AEW was only on ITV4 (i only normally watch it on Fite TV so I wasn't sure)

All 3 shows are on ITV and ITV 4 now. Just with big delays. Obviously All In is the first PPV they have ever shown on terrestrial TV

24 minutes ago, 2Xtreme_lives said:

Just out of curiosity I saw Rampage, Dynamite and All In will be on ITV1 this week. Has always been the case? I thought AEW was only on ITV4 (i only normally watch it on Fite TV so I wasn't sure)

They've had late night repeats for years. It varies from region to region so it's hard to keep track. With ITV4, FITE, ITV1 and other means its hard to judge what the size of the audience could be.

A rare Serena Deeb sighting. Coming up on a year since she last wrestled for AEW.

F41yT-pWsAAACaw?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by Infinity Land

1 hour ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

There’s a way of finding out if you’re interested, as it was filmed last night.

Spoiler

Interesting direction but glad to see that time get a bit of a shot at All Out. Especially as they didn't get a mention at all at All In.

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Supremo said:

The thing about Orange Cassidy is that he’s the best wrestler in the world. This show was the perfect example.

Absolutely this.

I love Jeff Jarrett as much as the next man, and he has been tremendous value in AEW, but I very much hope he doesn't get a partly ironic Wrestler of the Year nod in the UKFF awards. Because it's Orange by a mile IMO.

Double J is a worthy runner up.

I don't think I've ever noticed it anywhere like this with other companies but AEW often has that post-PPV Dynamite that's just off and sluggish, the crowd doesn't help this week either. Strange.

I liked Eddie's nod to Funk with his wild, missing punches though.

11 hours ago, Merzbow said:

I don't think I've ever noticed it anywhere like this with other companies but AEW often has that post-PPV Dynamite that's just off and sluggish, the crowd doesn't help this week either. Strange.

I liked Eddie's nod to Funk with his wild, missing punches though.

Slightly excusable this week though with travel disruptions, time off allowed for the roster to go to Bray's memorial events, but the crowd should still be trying a bit harder.