Wrestling's Top Twitter 2023

The Gaffer

• Paid Members
40 minutes ago, Dr. Alan Grant said:

Seeing them all like this reminds me what a pretty stacked roster they have at the moment. Probably the best they’ve had in many a year. And there are no scrubs in sight (Priest is borderline), just a bunch of over people.

I thought that was Ashens, but I believe that is LA Knight under the 27

Define wrestling being hot right now: CM Punk comes back to WWE in the mother of all shock returns and a week later on an episode of Smackdown some 41 year old bloke doing the most routine beatdown run-in probably gets a  slightly bigger pop. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Infinity Land said:

Muto and Choshu have Christmas dinner sorted

The way KFC have managed to convince an entire country that the traditional Christmas meal should be a bucket of KFC, should be studied in marketing classes. Amazing stuff.

4 hours ago, Merzbow said:

It's so crazy that people have to order a Christmas dinner from them well in advance just to get some fried chicken.

Did you have KFC for Christmas dinner? No, I had to go….to Burger King. 

• Paid Members
19 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

The way KFC have managed to convince an entire country that the traditional Christmas meal should be a bucket of KFC, should be studied in marketing classes. Amazing stuff.

It's a good example of where a country actually imports traditions from elsewhere - the manager of KFC in Nagoya deciding to create a "Christmas tradition" inspired by gaijin, because Japan didnt really have any Christmas tradition, and why would they? They're mostly Buddhists. Fairly accessible read here ;

https://www.bbc.com/worklife/article/20161216-why-japan-celebrates-christmas-with-kfc

There's a parallel with the UK embracing "Black Friday" with most of the rabid, bargain-hungry consumers probably oblivious to the fact it comes from the US tradition of everyone starting their sales the day after Thanksgiving.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, air_raid said:

It's a good example of where a country actually imports traditions from elsewhere - the manager of KFC in Nagoya deciding to create a "Christmas tradition" inspired by gaijin, because Japan didnt really have any Christmas tradition, and why would they? They're mostly Buddhists. Fairly accessible read here ;

https://www.bbc.com/worklife/article/20161216-why-japan-celebrates-christmas-with-kfc

There's a parallel with the UK embracing "Black Friday" with most of the rabid, bargain-hungry consumers probably oblivious to the fact it comes from the US tradition of everyone starting their sales the day after Thanksgiving.

yeah it is masterful. funnily enough we were explaining Black Friday to my daughter and what it was to what it is now, which is an almost month long set of sales which have no real reason any more. Even the "sales" are pretty standard now.