UFC 282: Blachowicz vs Ankalaev - Dec 10 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

How cool is this? Shame Lawler isn’t still on the card. Imagine being 18, making your UFC debut and sharing a locker room with your favourite fighter and fighting on the same card? 

84A7E6D2-38B0-4000-A2FD-6EE7B11D1929.jpeg

A6432B82-5278-4BA0-8B1B-5CB2F8AFDD01.jpeg

Things like that are going to become more and more frequent. One of the cool things about following MMA closely is seeing these fighters coming through inspired by the generation beforehand, and long term fans see the transition. I was watching MMA for a good couple of years before Rosas was born for fuck sake 👴

• Paid Members

Yeah I really liked the look of this card at the beginning, but I'm not excited for it at this point. Losing the amazing main event altogether hurt massively. Then Lawler dropping out will always drain some interest for me. However the thing that's putting me off the most is that bellend Paddy Pimblett in the Co-main, in a fight that I don't expect him to have much trouble in. Sure, it's an improvement in opponent, but that's not really saying much.

With people like Pimblett the draw is supposed to be in seeing them potentially get smacked about, but that possibility really isn't overly likely with the opponent's he's getting. Hopefully next time, Drew Dover and his Sgt Slaughter jaw might knock Paddy from the red corner to the blue corner. 

I'm here for our boy DDP knocking out Darren Till though. Lovely. 

I like the TV prelims more than the main card actually. 

• Paid Members

I know deep down that Paddy is a stupid dickhead, but I’m a sucker for a big star coming on the scene, so I was bang up for this.

He was badly exposed here though. An average performance in the cage, followed by an awful promo. For someone they kept describing as having the, “It factor,” he displayed nothing but terrible instincts, making himself look a complete whopper. Chanting fight of the night? Did the idiot see the rest of the card at all?!

They want him to be the next Conor McGregor. He’s actually the next Sage Northcutt.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Supremo said:

They want him to be the next Conor McGregor. He’s actually the next Sage Northcutt.

That's incredibly harsh on Super Sage. 

Well that was just a fucking sham. Unanimous decision? Get the fuck out with that. Absolute robbery. At worst that was 29-28 for Gordon but I felt you could have given him all 3 rounds without much complaint.

Seems like Paddy is gonna get some time off now. Injured foot or not the UFC will want to let all the shit from this week and the fight result itself die down a bit before they wheel him out again. 

Darren Till is done and Topuria is an absolute menace. Decent show up until the Co main and then fell completely off with the main event. 

Fucking Pamby. 

• Paid Members

Pure pro-wrestling here. They must be trying to preserve Pimblett's run for when they finally feed him to Topuria, and there will be a massive, collective catharsis when Ilia smashes him into the cage like a fucking battery chicken.

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, Browser Brady said:

Didnt see the Paddy fight , heard people say it was more of a robbery than the O’Malley / Piotr Yan fight .

I think this was definitely worse myself. I had Yan beating O’Malley but I could definitely see the argument for O’Malley taking 2 rounds and he had some big moments where he had Yan in trouble. I’ll have to rewatch this Pimblett vs Gordon fight but I had Gordon taking it 29-28 for sure, with a possible case for a 30-27. 

1 minute ago, Carbomb said:

Pure pro-wrestling here. They must be trying to preserve Pimblett's run for when they finally feed him to Topuria, and there will be a massive, collective catharsis when Ilia smashes him into the cage like a fucking battery chicken.

I think the end game for Paddy is the McGregor fight. I don’t think they want him anywhere near Topuria. Now or ever. I think we’ll see them just keep trying to buy time and keep him in the win column until they can cash out on the McGregor fight. That’s one they’ll wanna make before it fizzles away either by Paddy getting exposed to the point his stock plummets or McGregor winds up in jail or dead in a crack den or something.

I watched this show all back to front. Fell asleep after the England vs France game last night, feeling like death with whatever this flu-like bug I’ve got. Woke up just in time for the main card so watched that live. Gonna catch up on the prelims in a bit. 

Overall I though that was a really fun card with the most surprising thing being Rogan didn’t annoy me at all. I think i possibly just zoned out and wasn’t paying attention to him though…

Really not sure how they gave the fight to Paddy, you could maybe give him one round if your being generous but don’t think he did enough to win the fight. 

Topuria looked solid, thought that fight was going to be much closer, 2023 could be a big year for him. 

Thought the main even was alright, didn’t think it was a snooze fest but wasn’t one for the history books. Split draw didn’t help the situation and looks like uncle Dana has had enough of both of them and going in a different direction for the belt. 

Overall a decent ppv to end the year! 

Edited by Bruce85

Decent show up until the last 2 fights.

Paddy really is turning into Conor. Unfortunately it's the deluded version of Conor and not the one who charmed the UFC fan base in 2015. He should have humbly took that stolen victory and been a bit more honest in the interview. Instead he acted like it was a one sided barn burner which as we all know yet it absolutely was not. Gordon must feel very hard done by, he pretty much dominated Paddy in a bit of a dull fight, instead of getting his hand raised and all the glory, he's probably going to end up on the prelims of a fight night show in his next outing.

I knew Topuria was good but I didn't think he would beat Bryce that easily, that was a star making performance. He hits hard. I want him to fight Calvin Kattar next. I think that would be an incredible boxing match inside the octagon. 

As for the main event, Jan did very poor to not capitalise on the fact Ankalaev didn't have any legs in rounds 3, 4 or 5. He did well to put him in that situation, but overall, it was poor.

I actually agree with the judges. Rounds 2 & 3 were for Jan, 4 & 5 were for Ankalaev. 5 was probably a 10-8.

That leaves round 1, that that I believe is a coin toss really. I would have to watch it back (which I have no intention of doing) to see who really won. But on first viewing I had it for Jan. I wonder what Jan will think when he watches the fight back because I think he was being harsh on himself at the end.