UFC 282: Blachowicz vs Ankalaev - Dec 10 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Today’s the day. Pretty sad how little interest there seems to be in this card. Since Jiri vs Glover 2 dropped off, the buzz for this one hasn’t been quite the same and even fight week has been mostly dominated by Helwani vs Pimblett/Dana more than anything actually on this card. Even the poll has only 3 of us voting in it as I type this. Losing Robbie Lawler was just another kick in the balls as well. Shame. But there’s still plenty to sink your teeth into on this one. It’s a card that’s been shat on all over social media because the main and co-main are the dregs. And let’s be honest, they are. Even with the stakes for Blachowicz vs Ankalaev, it feels like a Fight Night headliner. And Pimblett vs Gordon as co-main on a PPV is rotten. But you look further down the card and we’ve still got Mitchell vs Topuria, which is a banger and a fascinating clash of styles. Rosas debut has my interest. Even Till vs DDP is oddly intriguing. Ponz vs Morono and Curtis vs Buckley will probably be enjoyable enough, Billy Q usually delivers and I’m looking forward to seeing both Saaiman and Koslow for the first time in their fight. We’ve had worse. And even the top two fights hold some interest for me. I’ve got a feeling Paddy wins again but I’d love to see Gordon derail the hype by doing what he usually does and dragging Paddy to a shitty points loss. Would be hilarious to see him end the silliness in the most dull way possible.

I’ve updated the opening post, hopefully for the last time, with the latest bout order, the Ponz vs Morono fight etc. Apparently OSP’s fight got scratched again, poor prick’s had 3 different fights fall apart on this card now. They’ve promoted Rosas vs Perrin to the top of the prelims as well.

Oh and Pimblett still being a weird little racist cretin, calling Topuria a “mongrel” here. Can’t believe anyone actually likes this ballbag. He’s about as likeable as thrush.

I don’t want to root for Paddy tonight obviously. But if him and Topuria both win tonight, I’d love to see that on the London PPV in March. Doubt it happens because they don’t want that in Paddy’s life but there’s been too much talk between these two now for it not to happen. Like his dietary habits, Paddy’s biting off a lot more than he can chew here. I think Topuria does very bad things to him. 

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

Even the poll has only 3 of us voting in it as I type this.

The forum needs some new blood, it's been dying on the vine for a while, how can we get some people in here? 

Anyway's, i've really gone into the promotion of this so i've probably made it feel a big deal by my own doing. The main reason being the whole Paddy/Helwani saga, which has strangely added to it all. 

The main event might as well not be happening though. Not seeing any kind of excitement for that, it's just a little bonus fight pegged on after the Paddy fight. I have a feeling it'll be a bit of a dud in cage too, I hope i'm wrong, but I do expect Ankalaev to win.

Fjk69YRUoAIZ33R.jpg.03dd3b04834df8c070c7bbe12e27ac23.jpg

• Paid Members

I was torn on that fight before the start of the week, now i'm convinced Du Plessis wrecks Till. I think Till have probably done well to even make it to the cage, he's still young but he's had so many injuries and doesn't look in the best physical shape on the scales. Du Plessis by TKO.

1 hour ago, Panhead said:

A lot of the time I always just forget to make my picks in your polls @wandshogun09. I've made sure I've done them today. 

Same as me, I haven't been posting as much lately but I always read every post that gets posted in the MMA forum. I will make more of an effort to post more.

Controversial opinion, feel free to shoot it down but is it it worth changing the voting style @wandshogun09. As there are usually 6 options to chose from per fight (KO, Sub, Decision x 2) and there's on average about 6 people who vote, maybe it's better to just have Who wins (Fighter A vs Fighter B). That way the votes don't look so spread out amongst the various options and it's easier to see who the forums favourite is. That's just my suggestion, feel free to ignore, your write ups along with Egg Shen's follow ups are the best thing on this forum.

I echo everyone else's opinions on this show. I don't want to complain because at the end of the day it's a strong card in front of a live crowd and we don't have to pay extra for it. It definitely is not a PPV quality card although I feel every fight on the main card could headline a small fight night show. It's a show full of strong fights but no real headliner. Most PPV's this year have had 2 title fights on the show so it's weird they only went with one for this show. They have suffered for it with the original main dropping off.

I think it's going to be an Ankalaev victory, a Paddy victory and a DDP victory. I think the fight that is harder to call is Mitchell vs Topuria. This one really intrigues me and for me it's the one I am most looking forward to. If I had to pick I think I fancy Bryce Mitchell to edge a decision out of it. 

I think the Paddy vs Topuria fight will always be there win or lose for either of them. I think there's more chance the fight happens if Topuria loses because right now, on the roll Topuria is on, Paddy wants nothing to do with him.

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, Zebra Kid Mark said:

Controversial opinion, feel free to shoot it down but is it it worth changing the voting style @wandshogun09. As there are usually 6 options to chose from per fight (KO, Sub, Decision x 2) and there's on average about 6 people who vote, maybe it's better to just have Who wins (Fighter A vs Fighter B). That way the votes don't look so spread out amongst the various options and it's easier to see who the forums favourite is. 

I can try this. What does everyone else think? I usually like to add the methods of victory because it makes the voting more interesting to me. But that’s more the case when there’s more people active in these threads. We’re dying a death here lately 😂

I’m stuck in all flu’d up today and the Mrs is taking the kids to her parents house so I might whack up a thread for the Brazil card in January in a bit. Maybe I could switch things up with the poll on that one. 

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Jesse said:

Aye, I'm another one who reads everything but rarely pipes up. I'm a fair weather fan these days so these write-ups and chats are a godsend for helping me stay current.

pipe up son, all contributions are appreciated 🤓