Which AEW wrestlers would you like to see move to WWE?

RedRooster

I can't believe I'm able to type this question without it feeling utterly ridiculous. Well done Triple H, I guess. 

Anyway, AEW is a bit of a shit-show right now, and it's so disappointing. Clearly it's not beyond salvage, and I hope that this feels as distant a memory as the "exploding ring" does, come the next PPV. 

But that's not what this thread is about. WWE feels pretty bloody different these days, and it doesn't feel even slightly implausible that they may now be interested in a number of AEW stars who Vince McMahon would have just turned his nose up at. 

Who would you like to see jump ship?

Here are my picks...

Jade Cargill - The crown jewel in AEW's women's division, for me. However, Tony Khan doesn't seem interested in making that division more than it currently is, so he deserves to lose his hottest commodity. I'd also be intrigued to see how Jade would benefit from working with better wrestlers, and within an infrastructure designed to help women wrestlers succeed. There's every chance she could end up being a breakout star. 

Ricky Starks - I'm not entirely sure that this isn't happening, given the way he's been treated recently. He's far better than the way he's booked suggests, and I think he'd do well on either Raw or Smackdown. At this point, I've given up hope on Tony Khan pushing him. Perhaps there's a good reason for that (eg. he's recently turned down a contract extension), but whatever the case, I think he'd be better off elsewhere. 

Sammy Guevara - Sammy has terrible instincts when it comes to his character, but he's still really talented. I think he'd be better off in WWE, where there's more of an infrastructure to help someone like him succeed creatively. 

Penta/Fenix - Remember that two-week spell where Penta briefly turned heel, and had a really fun feud with Cody? He has such a unique look, that I can't help but think WWE would use him properly. Meanwhile, WWE has been looking for a Rey Mysterio replacement for years - Fenix is perfect for this. 

Andrade - Andrade and Zelina Vega were great together. Andrade and Jose the assistant? Not so much. I think he'd be better off returning to WWE. And he probably will, once his contract expires. 

I'm also undecided about MJF...I used to feel kind of sad at the prospect of him jumping ship, but these days I can't pretend that it doesn't intrigue me. The prospect of MJF bumping heads with Roman Reigns, and emerging as the company's new top heel is kind of exciting. I still think I'd like him to stay where he is, but I don't dread the alternative, like I once did. 

9 hours ago, Louch said:

Anyone with true potential like Cargill and Wardlow have been rejected before and don’t seem at all keen on going back. Send them JR, Cole, Ruby and Black

I mean, while some wrestlers might feel comfortable making it clear that they're happy to leave, others may (rightly) feel that it's sensible to be a bit more cautious about that. If Jade, for example, was to come out and say she quite fancies jumping ship, the push she's getting could end, just like that. Best keep quiet until the time is right. 

Perhaps she likes the AEW schedule, and perhaps she's perfectly settled, but honestly, I can't imagine that Jade wouldn't end up a much bigger star if she were to jump to WWE; and if she ever has aspirations to move into TV/film, WWE would be the best place to be. With her striking look, I don't think that would be an unrealistic aspiration. Given how Tony Khan treats his women's division, I think the majority of AEW's women's division would be better off jumping ship - Shida, Thunder Rosa, Nyla Rose, Jamie Hayter and even Britt Baker (who likely won't move, given her other career) would likely all be better off if they were to move. 

20 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I mean, while some wrestlers might feel comfortable making it clear that they're happy to leave, others may (rightly) feel that it's sensible to be a bit more cautious about that. If Jade, for example, was to come out and say she quite fancies jumping ship, the push she's getting could end, just like that. Best keep quiet until the time is right. 

Perhaps she likes the AEW schedule, and perhaps she's perfectly settled, but honestly, I can't imagine that Jade wouldn't end up a much bigger star if she were to jump to WWE; and if she ever has aspirations to move into TV/film, WWE would be the best place to be. With her striking look, I don't think that would be an unrealistic aspiration. Given how Tony Khan treats his women's division, I think the majority of AEW's women's division would be better off jumping ship - Shida, Thunder Rosa, Nyla Rose, Jamie Hayter and even Britt Baker (who likely won't move, given her other career) would likely all be better off if they were to move. 

Have you ever listened to Jade on any podcast? She’s shoot mega rich, doesn’t need wrestling and loves the aew schedule as she gets to bring up her kid. If she ever wanted into movies she doesn’t need wwe, she has the look that opens doors. 

Hang on, just because WWE got rid of several old ghouls, and had a few good weeks of TV because PAUL has a steady hand on the tiller means they're the land of milk and honey? He's still a tosser with a lot of skeletons himself. 

Anyway my choices are anyone I don't like so I won't watch them. Basically Matt Hardy. Hire him back or leave him in a field or something. 

16 minutes ago, Chili said:

Hang on, just because WWE got rid of several old ghouls, and had a few good weeks of TV because PAUL has a steady hand on the tiller means they're the land of milk and honey? He's still a tosser with a lot of skeletons himself. 

Of course not, and I think that's fairly clear from my opening post. However, it's become a viable option for wrestlers who Vince McMahon would not have looked twice at, and there are plenty of wrestlers that either aren't achieving their full potential in AEW (Starks, Lucha Bros, the entire women's division) or would be intriguing to see jump ship. Once the honeymoon period ends, their TV could absolutely become shit; but the early signs are promising. 

52 minutes ago, Louch said:

Have you ever listened to Jade on any podcast? She’s shoot mega rich, doesn’t need wrestling and loves the aew schedule as she gets to bring up her kid. If she ever wanted into movies she doesn’t need wwe, she has the look that opens doors. 

I'm not sure it's quite that simple, but even if it was, the platform that WWE offers is undeniably advantageous in terms of building your brand and star power. If she jumped ship, I think it's very likely she'd end up main eventing a major PPV, and I just don't feel confident that this will happen in AEW. She's getting a strong push in AEW, but that's still in the context of an underutilised women's division. 

• Paid Members

I wouldn't fancy MJF in WWE as I think his smug twat act is too similar to Miz'.

Are FTR still in AEW? I'd have them back if tag teams are going to get booked better than they were Monday night, I think there's a few quality matches to be had there. I'd absolutely love to see Hikaru Shida wrestle Lynch, Asuka, Io and others.

Fairly obviously I'd have Bryan Danielson back. I think he'd have a great match with Matt Riddle, I'd love to see him do a cat n mouse match with Braun like he did with Lesnar, I think there's a good match with Balor there for him too. And regardless of the baggage that comes with him, for the sake of the marquee, I'd definitely have Punk back.

It's a shame Hunter retired, I can completely imagine him trying to get Punk back, swallowing his pride to work a "worked shoot" feud leading to a Mania match and even agreeing to lose to Punk for the sake of "getting it in the ring" because he'd know it would get a lot of eyes on the show.