Which AEW wrestlers would you like to see move to WWE?

RedRooster

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Shida is a good shout, she's too good for AEW's roster although WWE might be stacked enough as it is.

There's a lot of bodies about, but Liv getting a "Gratitude Era" reign is probably proof that the bar isn't really that high. Plus calling up a few NXT gals so they can still have a tag division. No, not Kai'N'Sky (INDEED).

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Pinc said:

I'd love to see Punk go back and run the same "ahh I missed real wrestling, that other company is toxic af" routine as when he landed in AEW.

To be fair, if all this stuff turns out NOT to be a work, then Uncle Paul could completely do a tribute to his old man's fence mending of yore with the nWo 2002 angle, and decide to inject WWE with a lethal dose of Pepsi.

• Paid Members

I'd ship all the gals off to WWE, because they have the TV time and star power to continually make something of their women's division. Storm, Shida, Britt, Hayter, Rosa, Jade, Athena, Nyla, the lot.

Not only would it strengthen WWE's mantle of 'Best Women's Division In North America', but it would also end the irritating discourse around AEW's women's division where fans are slapping stopwatches and asking why CM Punk gets more time than Thunder Rosa.

• Paid Members

Well, I suppose that everyone's fair game these days

I just hope this spells an end to the gratitude era of the same old faces polluting the upper mid card of the WWE for what feels like decades.

Its not healthy for the business is it.

The likes of the Miz, Orton and Ziggler are too far gone by now of course. But at least it avoids another generation feeling the same way.

OK, so - 

Returns

- Jericho: feels like, as huge a star as he was for AEW, he's overshadowed now.  And I can see neWWE using him pretty much at the top of the card, and he's still able to perform at a high level

- JR: the voice of WWE, is an absolute drag on AEW's commentary, but could be used on video packages, interviews etc in WWE.

- Keith Lee: I suspect he thought he'd be treated like a top star in AEW, he's buried down in the midcard.  Could be a main eventer in the right place, i.e Raw.

- Christian: also slipped down the card, obvious historical matches and teamups in WWE

Newbies*

- Brian Cage: WWE look but I suspect he can't pass drugs tests

- Jamie Hayter: 100% ready for the main card, probably a better fit in WWE's superior women's division.  New, fresh, British (a big market for them now).  If Paige isn't unretiring, Hayter is a more than adequate substitute.

- The Acclaimed: their gimmick is money, WWE would properly sell that.  Feels like AEW see them as a comedy act, they're better than that.  Acclaimed v Street Profits or Acclaimed v New Day, yes please.

- Luchasaurus w/ Christian: He's a big scary guy who has that WWE look.  And a similar masked gimmick, with Christian as manager/tag partner would help.  Plus eventually you have the split and then a Christian and Edge reunion.

* may have been looked at or in dev

Edited by Loki