Mes que un Thread (22-23 Domestic Football, unless domestic is Scotland)

Duke

48 minutes ago, RalphyV2 said:

Gareth Bale has retired from football (well, officially anyway, we all know he retired many years ago!) 

Cannot begin to tell you what utter, utter bollocks this is, even if it just a joke.

Even if you just took the last couple of years. League and another CL win in 2022, scored 16 in 34 games with a healthy number of assists when back at Spurs (should've played much more), dragged Wales to a World Cup (his dream), and then went to America and won a trophy, and one of his goals was instrumental in that. 

Bale slander is lazy bollocks driven by the media.

He is the absolute fucking boy, and should always be remembered as such.

Gaz Baz forever. 

• Paid Members
17 hours ago, CleetusVanDamme said:

There's no chance this gets better

I don't know if this constitutes as getting better, worse or the same meddling mess- but Boehly has stumbled across the name Joao Felix being mentioned a lot on Twitter and has decided to pay a lot of money for him on a short term loan.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

I don't know if this constitutes as getting better, worse or the same meddling mess- but Boehly has stumbled across the name Joao Felix being mentioned a lot on Twitter and has decided to pay a lot of money for him on a short term loan.

Weghorst will score more goals for United this season than Joao Felix will score for Chelsea. Bookmark this tweet.

Edited by Devon Malcolm
wout

Wout Weghorst is the sort of player that it’s funny when you see United are after him but turns out to be a perfectly acceptable squad player. Joao Felix could be anything but he’s not going to be it at Chelsea.

11 minutes ago, RalphyV2 said:

Well at least he isn't Called Wayne

Didnt mean any harm by my poor (its me, what do you expect?!) Gareth Bale Joke, was just more so a reference to his golfing exploits, and who knows, he could easily turn pro at that. Very talented footballer indeed, mad to think he was originally a defender 

He also went 24 games with Spurs before winning one (AND THEY HAVEN'T WON SINCE LOLOLOLOL) and was very nearly shipped out on loan to somewhere shit. Burnley probably.

I will never ever forget White Hart Lane on the night we smashed European champions Inter Milan. The concrete was genuinely shaking as the entire place sang "Taxi for Maicon", 100% the best atmosphere I've ever experienced there. That old shithole was special. 

The way he takes the piss for Pavs goal is outrageous. 

For me, the greatest British player of all time. 

40 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

What?

I'm not sure Ralphy understands tbh. Golf is not like say boxing where you can just "become a pro" by paying for a license.

It is extremely difficult. You have to go through and win elite level amateur events to qualify and there is very limited places. Bale has a 2 handicap and loves playing but he would have to devote his whole life to it just to have a very small chance of even making going pro. He has said he has no plans to do that and just plays for fun too.

2 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

For me, the greatest British player of all time. 

The amount of people laughing at this suggestion on Talkshite and socials shows how much he’s underrated at the elite level. Off the top of my head you could make a case for Kenny, peak Rooney, Gerrard, Kane, Southall maybe then all the players that none of us actually watched like Greavsie, Best, Finney on the wing etc but Bale is right up there. None of them cunts dragged Wales to two major tournaments and for a good while him and Suarez were fighting it out to be the third best players in the world.